Skip to main content
Topic: ElkArte 1.0 beta 1 released (Read 18083 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: ElkArte 1.0 beta 1 released

Reply #15

I think we all found few more bugs than expected in this first beta, what do you think about putting together a beta 1,1 with the fixes of this last week (and the few things I'm going to revert in the next few hours)?

Considering nobody should have already made too many customization to their code, we could also release a package with the files that changed to overwrite the existing ones.

Thoughts?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #16

I already used Elk beta and don't mind the update :) Just replace them right?
192.MY.ID: Forum ISP Indonesia.

Reply #17

Yes, to be up-to-date for the moment replace the files is enough. :)
I hope there will not be database changes between beta and final, even though I'm tempted to do at least one small "tweak"...

ETA: I was more thinking that the package as it is is "broken", so it's not really nice to have it as the only beta...
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #18

Sooo... what do you think about a beta 2 sometime before the holidays? O:-)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #19

I'd say enjoy your Holiday time off if you do. :)
Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion, you must set yourself on fire!

Reply #20

I hope there will be a documentation what is changed between beta 1 and beta 2 to ensure smooth update :)

Reply #21

December the 23rd is 3 days away, if we miss that we can skip to something between the 28th and the 30th (unless we wait for the new year, that could be a solution too), at the moment there is pending the issue with news reported by NetFlag and a huge bunch of DocBlock fixes from Spuds, everything else (apart from the upgrade... I know, I didn't do my homework :-[) should be pretty much fine... unless broken of course. :P
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #22

good news
Sorry for my English

Reply #23

I set a beta 2 milestone: https://github.com/elkarte/Elkarte/issues?milestone=6&state=open
And a tentative date at January the 6th.
Unless something is very broken should be possible I think.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #24

Good work team, time to test on live server!

Reply #25

There is no "team". ;)
Anyone is welcome to do anything, the way he wants.
This is the idea behind ElkArte: people should be free to collaborate to build the software and its community. Do you want to do code? Do it. Do you want to do some marketing? Do what you thinks is good for the software. Do you want to give support? Do it.
There is no badges here around, just some admins (obviously) and some moderators to be able to move topics around. Is anyone interested in moving bug reports or feature discussions (<= discussions, not requests ;)) to the related "exterminated" board? Give a nudge and it can be set up!
My "offer" here was not random, do you want to take care of the G+ page? Let me know your account and I'll add you as manager. The fact I opened it is just because I saw it as a nice thing and decided to open it.
The fact I'm setting a tentative deadline is just me wanting to try it, not the "reasoning" of a "team", I just wake up and decided: okay, let's put a date on the table. If others agree good, otherwise it can be changed.

P.S.
Sorry for the "OT" and the longish post. :P
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #26

@emanuele followed and +1 the google plus page. didn't know it already existed. :D
While we are at it no Facebook Page too?

I recently joined the translation of ElkArte in Transifex and (very) slowly translate it to Indonesia. ;)

I can help moving around the topics :)
192.MY.ID: Forum ISP Indonesia.

Reply #27

Looking good so far 8)

Reply #28

Thanks ... we are getting close to Beta2 as well !

I think I can safely say we actually fixed more bugs in that version than we created  :D (no  emanuele, that not a challenge for you :P)

Reply #29

Okay, I postponed a bit the tentative release date for beta 2 to the 19th, it was already past by three days and we had some big changes (the new variant :P) and still a couple of bugs open.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.