Skip to main content
Topic: ElkArte 1.0 beta - know issues (Read 8098 times) previous topic - next topic

ElkArte 1.0 beta - know issues

Let's use this topic to track known issues (i.e. bugs that are not fixed for any reason) for Elk 1.0 beta.

Feel free to edit the message if you can, otherwise just reply to the topic. ;)

• The mentioning dropdown is misplaced in Opera in the quick reply when not using the full editor
  • The new way "expanded pages" are presented doesn't cope with superclick (or whatever id called)
  • Javascript calculated relative time has some problems when the time offset is wrong (I'll try to fix that, though I may postpone it to the RC or the next beta)[1]
  • The mentioning repeats names as you type
  • The topic sorting option is hidden by a wrong overflow[2]
  • Members.subs.php has a broken column name (see report and fix)
  • reset members theme options is broken (see report)
I'm not sure this is still an issue...
To fix that one should be enough to remove from index.css the overflow: auto; associated with #description_board .generalinfo
Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 12:34:35 pm by emanuele
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Re: ElkArte 1.0 beta - know issues

Reply #1

The only things that come to mind ATM are:

look for those htmlspecialchar (not the util:: ones) and make sure they use UTF-8 ... that's the default in 5.5 but not in lower versions, so that can cause some problems for us.

There is a drafts bug I need to chase down

Need to make sure that the 2.0 to Elk upgrade kind-of sort-of works ... both the upgrade and the converter.  This may already be fine.

Would like to get the "home" page in place
Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 12:15:53 am by Spuds

Reply #2

A couple of more off the list :D

Reply #3

I haven't visited ElkArte in several days (or weeks), so it's already in beta? I don't find any announcement or release tag in GitHub. Did I miss something?
192.MY.ID: Forum ISP Indonesia.

Reply #4

Nope. Known issues means things they want to fix before the release of beta.
Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion, you must set yourself on fire!

Reply #5

I created the topic to have a place to track things that will likely be broken in the beta.
The deadline that was set at github for the beta milestone was the 15th, but there are still few bugs that would be nice to fix before the release, so...few days?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #6

Quote from: emanuele – The deadline that was set at github for the beta milestone was the 15th, but there are still few bugs that would be nice to fix before the release, so...few days?
;D
I'm fine with a small delay but we definitely need a "deadline"..  Even if there are still some known bugs, that's what beta testing is for...
Thorsten "TE" Eurich
------------------------

Reply #7

Ah... thank you for the explanation. Is there any plan how to update between beta then? I want to try it live to my small forum.
192.MY.ID: Forum ISP Indonesia.

Reply #8

Updates between each beta or RC releases will require a full upgrade. Creating patches between those releases would be a waste of time IMO.
Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion, you must set yourself on fire!

Reply #9

Quote from: TE –
Quote from: emanuele – The deadline that was set at github for the beta milestone was the 15th, but there are still few bugs that would be nice to fix before the release, so...few days?
;D
I'm fine with a small delay but we definitely need a "deadline"..  Even if there are still some known bugs, that's what beta testing is for...
Yups.
What I'm thinking is that I wouldn't want to see changes in the db schema between the beta and the final (unless of big troubles), so I'd like to see the notifications thing fixed, apart from that I don't see any other blocker around.

@IchBin I hope in the future to just rely on "unpack -> upload -> run upgrade -> be happy" for any kind of update.
And this doesn't mean that "unpack -> upload -> run upgrade" should be done manually, PacMan is perfectly able to do such things! ;D
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #10

Haven't used mentions here (okay, trying: @emanuele -- oh funny, it shows multiple identical names, like Wedge back in the day), but I'm willing to share my implementation for horizontal positioning (it's a nice trick I devised at the time, although similar to what others have done, but hopefully tighter).

Reply #11

Let me see... ohh...

emanuele blames @Spuds :D

There is also a problem with the sorting dropdown that is hidden by an overflow (I thought that one was fixed, but apparently I was wrong... or I broke it again :P).

I'm wondering if we can come up with a.. weekly (?) patch (just replacing the changed files for example) to fix the small annoying things we find in the daily testing.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #12

Which sorting? That one for the topics in message index? If yes, then I am responsible for a bug..  :D
Thorsten "TE" Eurich
------------------------

Reply #13

Yep, but it's broken also because it doesn't show if the description of the board is not on...And that should clearly be my fault... lol

Well, it's beta and we have to fix things. :P
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #14

Quote from: TE – Which sorting? That one for the topics in message index? If yes, then I am responsible for a bug..  :D
https://github.com/elkarte/Elkarte/issues/1061 I think thats the one, the lipstick is still available :P

Let me see... ohh...
Hummm, don't mention it :P  Thank you I'm here all week

QuoteI'm wondering if we can come up with a.. weekly (?) patch (just replacing the changed files for example) to fix the small annoying things we find in the daily testing.
Since its tagged, I think we can make PR's to the tagged branch?  So a fix could be pushed to master and the tagged one, then repack the tagged one when there are enough patches to warrant it?  Don't know since I have not tried !