Skip to main content
Topic: Updates for German translation (Read 8777 times) previous topic - next topic - Topic derived from Transifex: uploaded files not...

Updates for German translation

Open that topic? What do you mean with this?

The files are attached. The only one not 100% completed right now is the Help.german.php. But I am working on it (to be true a friend is).

Re: Updates for German translation

Reply #1

Quote from: Jorin – Open that topic? What do you mean with this?
Create a topic where attach progresses for the German translation updates, like this one. ;)

Quote from: Jorin – The files are attached. The only one not 100% completed right now is the Help.german.php. But I am working on it (to be true a friend is).
I'll check it out.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #2

Just to keep this updated: I uploaded the files yesterday. And I see you did some more today.

I also updated the names of months and days of the week (it was just a matter of copy&paste, if you want the file... oh heck it's faster if I just attach it here).
To answer your previous question, what is still missing are the following indexes:
* index.german.php: welcome_guest_register, link, via (on that last one, maybe it's better wait the answer here);
Errors.german.php: cannot_like_posts, like_wait_time
Maillist.german.php: ml_inform_body, ml_bounce_template_body_default
* Help.german.php: https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/elkarte/translate/#de/Help/26335300?translated=no (7 indexes, sorry if I don't write them all ;)).
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #3

Quote from: emanuele – I also updated the names of months and days of the week (it was just a matter of copy&paste, if you want the file... oh heck it's faster if I just attach it here).

Why? They are already translated in my files. If they aren't at Transifex we still have a problem there!  :o

I will translate the rest this week. Thanks for the list!

Reply #4

They are translated, but this is one of changes I did few weeks ago: change the structure of these strings from an array like:
Code: [Select]
$txt['months'] = array('January', 'February', ....);
to:
Code: [Select]
$txt['january'] = 'January';
$txt['february'] = 'February';
etc.
And fix that was one of the things to do and since it was just a copy&paste I did it quickly.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #5

Puh, okay. Great, thanks! :)  I have to modify my files.

Jorin writes a note.

Reply #6

Quote from: emanuele – index.german.php: link
Errors.german.php: cannot_like_posts, like_wait_time

Can't find them in the english files I have (from RC2) also.  :o

Help.german.php has to be complete, I think, but is not 100% translated right now. We are still working on this file.

Reply #7

link was added slightly after RC2 I guess (29th of July), the other two were string missing found during RC2 testing and added after its release.
https://github.com/elkarte/Elkarte/blob/master/themes/default/languages/english/index.english.php#L393
https://github.com/elkarte/Elkarte/blob/master/themes/default/languages/english/Errors.english.php#L66
https://github.com/elkarte/Elkarte/blob/master/themes/default/languages/english/Errors.english.php#L187
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #8

Pfff. Wouldn't it be easier if you'd just use my git and change the formal to informal pronouns?
-

Reply #9

I started with your translation long ago and wanted to work with yourself, but there were too much points in the files I wasn't consent with. I'm a bit picky sometimes. ;)  So I revised all files and made many changes. That's why we have two german language packs. :-X

Reply #10

Variety is a good thing, with two people can pick the one they prefer. ;)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #11

In most cases I would agree, Emanuele. But with language packs it's different. Normally there should be one "official" language pack per language. With german it's special because we have the formal and informal problem. So there should be one pack for each variant. But not more. If an admin wishes to use some different translation he can still edit the files. Think about possible support questions. If an admin has a problem with a function and describes this in his topic, wouldn't it be chaotic if every admin would have different texts and descpritions of the functions in his forum?

Reply #12

Not if they settle on the formal variant (which is the most widely used one in boards AFAICS).

Reply #13

I myself prefer the informal variant in forums and almost entirely in all forums in which I was/am a member or in which I only read, the informal variant is used.
For me it's nicer to be addressed with "you" instead of "Mr. Smith".  ;)

Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 05:41:26 pm by Lars

Reply #14

"You can say You to me"?