Skip to main content
Topic: [reminder] Working towards 1.0.2 (Read 13309 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: [reminder] Working towards 1.0.2

Reply #15

This evening I started preparing the modifications.xml, though this time there is a small problem.
One of the changes require to remove a chunk of code that contains some javascript (ManageAttachments.template.php, the first function), and this javascript is included in CDATA stuff.
Of course the CDATA conflicts with the CDATA of the xml and it fails...

I have not investigated yet very deeply the situation, a couple of options that come to my mind are:
1) to split the operations so that the CDATA and the closing ]]> are split across multiple operations,
2) one operation to "break" the CDATA and another one to replace everything in one go.
Both may be a little weak in regards to the reverting the patch.

Well, now it's time to go sleep. ;D
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #16

Quote from: emanuele – You slacker!! :P

It seems you know what to do, I'll leave that to you or TE, I'll put together modification.xml. ;)
"know what to do" ... me ... sweet, I may have to add that to my sig :P

I'll take a look in the AM, to tired from my day of brewing ... but at least I have the Triple bottled and the Stout in the primary fermenter :D

Reply #17

Ouu, add gravatar :p

Reply #18

Go  to your profile and add it by yourself. :P
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #19

I put an updated css on the site with the various media tweaks, lets see how that works before I make the PR  O:-)

Reply #20

the main issue seems to be the margin / padding from drop_area_fileselect.
Anyone remember why it was added at some point?

Code: [Select]
width: 220px;
padding-left: 220px;
Thorsten "TE" Eurich
------------------------

Reply #22

Quote from: TE – the main issue seems to be the margin / padding from drop_area_fileselect.
Anyone remember why it was added at some point?

width: 220px;
padding-left: 220px;
If I recall that was when we consolidated the select box and D&D area to that single element.  To move the browse button outside the file select box, which is hidden behind the "or selecting them"  (turn off the opacity and you will see what I mean).

So the problem seems to appear when that text is split across two lines, at least in a test if I get selecting on one line and them on the other, the actual hidden file selector is with the them.   Maybe just changing that space to &nbsp would work there ... unless there is another problem I'm not seeing
Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 03:28:12 pm by Spuds

Reply #23

Quote from: Mstcool – Oh, it already exists? Well, epic fail Mst. XD
It existed for about 20 months. :P
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #24

So that text has a class associated with it, so
.drop_area_fileselect_text {
white-space: nowrap;
}
should have it always be on a single line (like the control that is behind it). 

That px is a bit fragile since its set to be about the length of "selecting them"  You could use em but that has the same frailty when the text string is translated.  Not sure there is a way to set that other than get the length of the drop_area_fileselect_text and then update the control to match? 

I added the nowrap css to the site to see if that helps, it did on my emulator but thats an emulator :P

Reply #26

Added two screenshots, the problem is the scrollbar... removing some classes seem to fix it, however I'm not sure if that breaks something else..

Edit: PR sent ->https://github.com/elkarte/Elkarte/pull/1897

Reply #27

interesting ! ... off the top of my head it would just be ie8 (no opacity) that will get messed up by that. 

I'll take a look at that under ie8 later today (have to remove the other things I did like the two column other options and padding tweaks that are on this site as well) unless someone has that handy.

Reply #28

Fortunately we already disable ie8 from D&D so you just get the old select box, forgot we had put the FormData && onprogres checks in place  :D   I did force it to work under ie8 and as expected it looks bad, but it does not matter !  I'll check some moar browsers now.

Reply #29

Now I've checked under some other desktop browsers, the problem is the "hidden" by opacity file select input box is no longer behind the text that says "or selecting yhem" 

Clicking on "selecting them" does nothing but cause a page jump (since is an href #).  The input file control is somewhere to the right or under that line of text not over it.

The original idea was the hidden file select control was over the text but since its transparent, all you see if the text (what github does).  So when you click you are really clicking on the file input, not the link.

I still don't know if there is any use to the D&D area for a phone, so the easiest may be to simply due what we do with ie8 (and ie9) and thats not enable D&D which results in the old fallback of a standard file input.   Granted that looks old fashioned, so maybe there is still something that will prevent that scrollbar yet.