Skip to main content
Topic: user button, child entry for drafts (Read 2129 times) previous topic - next topic

user button, child entry for drafts

I would love it if there were a child menu entry under the user button on the upper right which would lead directly to the draft section. Would be more efficient when working with drafts. Maybe this entry can get invisible if drafts are not activated? What do you think?

Re: user button, child entry for drafts

Reply #1

ehh... that's one of those tough calls.

As a general rule of thumb, I think the idea is to keep the number of entries in a sub-menu around 3/4... except the profile entries are way more than that to begin with... :-\

I guess the needs to open that page is due to the fact the area below the editor in the post page is missing the draft you are looking for?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #2

I honestly don't see that as core, probably not a bad addon or menu extension item.

Perhaps if you have drafts for a topic, and you enter that topics message list ...  it shows a button along with reply, like load draft ... don't know, just kind of typing as I'm thinking.

Reply #3

No, the idea is to make the draft system more prominent. I think many users are not using them because they don't know where to find their saved drafts.

I have a button to the draft section now in the main header menu between my admin button and the messages button. So it's easy to find and you don't need to open your profile before.

Addon is a possibility. Please don't forget I am just sharing some thoughts.  ;)

Reply #4

Yup! ... I know you are sharing which is great, providing feedback on real user experience / expectations is what is great,   I tend to agree that they are not as easy, or perhaps natural to use as they could be.

I had intended that the load drafts from the posting page (where the drafts list for that topic/post are available) would be ideal, just not sure its obvious that you can do that or if thats a natural action.

Reply #5

Make the drafts more evident is something to consider, though.
It's true that at the moment may not be immediately evident where to look for drafts.

I think this may fit into the redesign of the post page (and/or quick reply) to make it less "big".
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.