Skip to main content
Topic: HTML, Botstrap, Wordpress... Or something else? (Read 2156 times) previous topic - next topic

HTML, Botstrap, Wordpress... Or something else?

I need some advice from the experts.  ;)

I have nothing to do (Haha!), so I want to make a foto story with my LEGO modular houses and some mini figures I own. I still have my large LEGO collection from my childhood, but the last months I started to collect LEGO sets again.  O:-)  I want to write a story a few years for now but still haven't time for this... Now I want to combine my love for writing and photographs and want to create a LEGO foto story.

Therefor I need a software basis. I thought about kind of a blog, but a Wordpress installation seems a bit too much and I don't know if there's a plugin which will work with my photos and the art of bringing them together to work as a foto story - a lot of photos with some text?!?

An alternative could be to write a website using Botstrap. I don't have a lot of programming skills (nearly none), creating my HTML sites was difficult enough for me.  :-X  So maybe Botstrap could be easy enough to work with.

What would you do? Every thought is highly appreciated!  :)

Re: HTML, Botstrap, Wordpress... Or something else?

Reply #1

What's wrong with ElkArte?  I post photo stories all the time on my forum.  There's a blogish front end that no one uses as well that posts just the first post that contains the story.  Replies are just normal elkarte replies.  Also made custom index pages to list the stories in chronological order of creation rather than last comment.

Reply #2

I don't think there will be much commentaries or discussions so I never thought of a forum software for this. Can you show your board please so I get a feeling for it?

Reply #3

If you want something to do and learn, do it yourself. If it were me, I would go with a WP install to get going quickly.

Reply #4

My site is now dead....

The front page is the blog but it's all powered by elkarte behind the scenes.  I started with WordPress but quickly got tired of the constant stream of updates for security and bug fixes.

Plus I found the interaction to be a fun part of the stories so I wanted to add a forum and the bridges just weren't seamless enough.  So I converted the blog first to smf then elkarte. 

ETA:  Site is no more.
Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 07:53:06 pm by scripple