Skip to main content
Topic: Repair settings doesn't work (Read 5407 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Repair settings doesn't work

Reply #15

Here is an update that should fix the cache issue and the sources discovery issue ... for testing

Reply #16

I tested the sources directory discovery issue , it is fixed now .
Switching the cache on/off settings , is fixed now.
great job :)

However , discovering the Cache Directory is working but not saving the correct path from "Paths & URLs" section Because :
there is a following setting in the "Cache Settings" section also named Cache Directory , which contains the older founded value , and has no "Recommended value" link, and not affected by the "Restore All Settings" button click , so if not manually modified before saving, will keep saving the older value.

Reply #17

I thought I had moved that! .... must have missed committing it.

This should fix that issue.

Reply #18

All fixed now , looks full functional to me now
Thank you for the great job and the quick responses

Reply #19

I hate to do this again ::) but this new thing came out from nowhere  :-[

the Attachment Directory discovery in the Paths & URLs section now says: No recommended value

Reply #20

Its not going to necessary have a recommendation for that, depends on how you have set up attachments and if it can discover where they are.  If it can't it will not have a recommendation.

Reply #21

emanuele votes for having just 1 way to store the attachments and be happy with it.
Like 1 directory every 1000 attachments. O:-)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #22

I actually like some of the options we have but only in the sense of backups.  It allows me to do incremental backups on the monthly but archive previous month or year ones.  That said I do agree what we have is a bit confusing and messy in many ways.

Reply #23

Well, the let's use the monthly separation. :P (And as extreme measure subdivision within month if we really want.)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #24

Quote from: Spuds – I actually like some of the options we have but only in the sense of backups.  It allows me to do incremental backups on the monthly but archive previous month or year ones. 
When I set up my attachments settings I choosed the same setting (subdivided by years and months) for the same reason: backups. Well, I still need to setup an external backup, but that's another story ;)
sorry for my bad english

Reply #25

Then there is nothing wrong with the repair tool , and it is leaving this attachment directory setting out of recommendations as a flexible setting , i like that .
So what happens to older attachments when forum admin decide to change the method for the management of the attachment directories  ::) ? just curious