Skip to main content
Topic: How to upgrade my 1.0.10 to 1.1? (Read 1512 times) previous topic - next topic

How to upgrade my 1.0.10 to 1.1?

Excuse me if I'm stupid, or missing some obvious information here...but I'm confused about upgrading to 1.1.  I'm currently on 1.0.10, and would like to take advantage of the substantial improvements in the new version.

My current board deviates from the standard in the following ways:

I have modified mobile.png to my board logo, so this shows by default when saved to desktop.
I have user uploaded attachments.
Users have loaded their own avatars.
I have a couple of additional themes in use.

I'm currently of the view that to upgrade to 1.1 I need to reset the users to the default theme. Enter maintennance mode. Delete all the files relating to the 1.0.10 installation. Extract the 1.1 files to the directory. Run the upgrade script.

Is this correct?

Can I leave the attachments and avatars uploaded by the users, and will these be correctly linked in 1.1 (I'm assuming these are linked to in the database, and not by any of the static files from 1.0.10 that I delete)?

What do i need change to have browsers display my board logo in 1.1?

Re: How to upgrade my 1.0.10 to 1.1?

Reply #1

After a full backup of files and data, I'd prefer overiding 1.0 with 1.1 files instead of deleting any of them manually (unless deleting is intsructed for certain files due to changes in file names, if any).

Reply #2

Hi tetricky,
1) mobile.png may be overwritten by the one shipped with 1.1, so I suggest you to save it somewhere and upload it later[1]
2) attachments and avatars are not touched by the upgrade and will continue to work the same,
3) additional themes will not work, so you'd better remove them entirely (just not to risk to try install them after the ugprade).

I think you may want to wait still a moment, in the next days I hope 1.1.1 will be out, so you may have to just ugprade to 1.1.1 instead of having to install the patch later. :)

Oh, right, thanks @ahrasis for answering before me about the delete: well, it's not bad to delete the files, just do not delete Settings.php and the avatars and attachments directories, the packages one as well and... cache? Well, cache who cares.
With 1.1 you can upload it to the root of the forum (where index.php is) so that it will be available for any theme.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #3

Thank you, I appreciate that.

I'll hang on until 1.1.1 if that's imminent, but I'll have a go once that's out.