Skip to main content
Topic: Login options (Read 2628 times) previous topic - next topic

Login options

Is there mod that can asign certain sub-forums with login approval, and other free for posting, where guests will got only recaptcha rule so they can post?

This is my other concern, for eventual double forum, .that even its not possible to be seen any time soon, I will try to go with members/guests mod on the curent ElkArte version ...
Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 02:23:17 pm by omBre

Re: Log in options

Reply #1

I usually do not allow guest posting, but it's up to you...
There is no need to use add-ons, you can use the built-in permissions. I suggest you to install a copy of elkarte in localhost and do some tests and play with the permissions system, which works very well in SMF / Elkarte. In the beginning could seem difficult to understand and use, but once you understand how permissions works you can do everything based on member groups, boards or post count member groups.
sorry for my bad english

Re: Login options

Reply #2

Thanks Radu, but how to integrate for guest group Recaptcha in the editor?

Reply #3

http://addons.elkarte.net/security/reCaptcha.html <= install addon configure permissions.
I don't think there is anything else to do.
Any guest action that requires anti-spam measures will get the whole bunch of enabled anti-spam measures every time.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #4

Thanks Emanuele that makes things at least easier, I found that on SMF there is Recaptcha in the Reply editor, is this also present here as option, maybe it would be also usefull if there is security question instead Recaptcha, or both, before any guest could post without registration ...

Reply #5

As as I said, when you configure the anti-spam options, all of them are used at the same time for any action from guests that requires an anti-spam measure.
So, if you configured to use custom question + recaptcha + whatever, all of them will be shown during registration, all of them will be show during guests posting, all of them will be shown.... in other cases I currently don't remember.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #6

I'd suggest to try default anti-spam with noise as, though the noise is very disturbing for dyslexic user, I think it will work just fine too. Extra question feature just below it in anti-spam setting page, is good to try as well.

Reply #7

How this works with ElkArte is it tested ... can it be used also as voice login except voice registration ... could it be more relevant than the regular 2FA which are part of this forum

https://www.elkarte.net/community/index.php?topic=2477.0

here is some statement, that plumble engine is better than the mumble one ... maybe this code could be used as well?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/10duar/plumble_a_modern_mumble_app_for_android_devices/

Reply #8

Last time I checked, we have voice if you cannot see the words (alphabets), but I haven't tested this for quite some times.

By the way, do you got a live working elkarte that you can test on @omBre because I think your problem might be that you didn't have any and merely speculating, about this and a lot of other things.

If you need a free hosting service try one here offered by our dear @Brother John or by me here. Mine don't guarantee a good up time though as it is a personal server running on a dynamic ip.

Reply #9

Ahrasis I am waiting for Christmass to come, in Orthodox Christianity thats tommorow, and in the next days ahead I will go with ElkArte on Digital Ocean 2cpu account + Netlify as free cdn account testing will go there so I can monitor how things work through that system pipeline ... still Thanks for Your offer!!!

aha so its not voice authentication mod, but read aloud recaptcha, if I have understood good!?