Skip to main content
Topic: Patch to 1.1.2 (Read 2239 times) previous topic - next topic

Patch to 1.1.2

I have tried to install the patch in my testforum today and did not continue.

It was looking like this:

112.jpg

Wy are there the same files, for example the load.php, 3 times to see?
And the last "replace" of this file will fail again?

Re: Patch to 1.1.2

Reply #1

Quote from: Ruth – Wy are there the same files, for example the load.php, 3 times to see?
Each line is a different change that is applied to the file (it has always been like that since... as long as I can remember ;) )

Quote from: Ruth – And the last "replace" of this file will fail again?
Could it be you already applied some of these changes in some support topic in order to fix some bug?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #2

If any of your addons did not change any other affected files, i.e. you modified manually earlier, simply copy the same files from 1.1.2 install zip and overwrite your current one after running that patch.

I normally will overwrite all rather than one by one as it is faster but I will remove the install folder from the install zip first and some images like favicon and mobile.png. It's faster (and I think it's safer too) this way.

Reply #3

Quote from: emanuele – Each line is a different change that is applied to the file (it has always been like that since... as long as I can remember ;) )

I did not know that, Emanuele. O:-) 
The patches from SMF and ElkArte I did by myself until now, were all without any "failed" tests and files to replace.
If there were any problems in the past during an update, somebody was helping me with it, I never did it by myself.

Quote from: emanuele – Could it be you already applied some of these changes in some support topic in order to fix some bug?
Yes, I made all the changes in the files you wrote to me here and that one for the login in portal.

On my screenshot it concerns only these three files: Load.php, ManageThemes.controller.php and Attachments.subs.php
Any other files are showing "Test successful" in paket manager.

I am not sure, that I understood you well, Ahrasis:

I shall do the update now with the paket manager and afterwards I shall use those three files from the 1.1.2 install zip to overwrite those files again?

Or shall I don't use the paket manger and only overwrite those three files? ( I think, I should do this one?)

I am really afraid to do something wrong. O:-)

Reply #4

Hmm... I wonder about attachments.
Do you have addons installed?
If so, which ones?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #5

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 ...nothing else

I did this change in Attachments.subs.php you wrote to me (bzw. on git hub) ...maybe I did something wrong there? O:-)

Reply #6

Oh, okay, then you probably already have these changes in your install and that's the reason it gives you an error.
I would suggest to just install the patch even with the errors.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #7

Okay....I did it now...  ;)  and everything seems to be okay.

Thank you both, Ahrasis and Emanuele!

Reply #8

emanuele waits for the forum to explode. ;D
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.