Skip to main content
Topic: Affordable webhosting! (Read 2703 times) previous topic - next topic

Affordable webhosting!

Starting a website?  Is your current provider less than satisfactory? Do you need hosting without breaking the bank?  Keep reading! 

I'm assembling a hosting startup.  My servers are housed in secure datacenters in the US.  Uptime is excellent and the network reliable!  There have been no issues in the two years since I began.

There won't be razzle, dazzle promises here.  It's just dead simple hosting.  Setup your DNS, upload your files (that would be Elkarte, right?), configure your admin settings, and enjoy your site.  Heck, there may even be help if you need.... ;)

What are the goods?  Nginx, MariaDB, php.  6G disk space, including database space. 3 ftp accounts. 

The caveats?  For the price you will see below, I have no interest in battling for a guaranteed email system.  Too many email providers despise forum emails.  Email may or may not be super reliable.  If notifications are super important, the best bet is something like this:

https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=343385.0

I will gladly offer support.  I have a day job and a family, so it isn't 24/7.  However, I will address issues ASAP.  On this venture, your success is also mine.  ;)

OK, cool.  How much is it?  It's yours for just $6.42 USD per month!  This will not result in an overseller situation.  A busy box is an indication of success, and I'll procure another box!!

Need more space? Just ask. We will make arrangements. 8)

Are there restrictions? Only a few. You may host anything you like except hate related, hacking stuffs, spam, or some other material that could cause issues to the server or other people. 

PM me here if you're interested.  Hope you have a great day!

Re: Affordable webhosting!

Reply #1

What Control Panel comes with it ?
CPanel ?

6 GBytes seems way too low for this price and how fast is the server connected and to which location ?
my https://overunity.com site has already over 60 GB Files...

How many domains can you host there and how many databases ?

Many thanks.

Regards, Stefan.

Reply #2

Quote from: hartiberlin – What Control Panel comes with it ?
CPanel ?

6 GBytes seems way too low for this price and how fast is the server connected and to which location ?
my https://overunity.com site has already over 60 GB Files...

How many domains can you host there and how many databases ?

Many thanks.

Regards, Stefan.

The CP is ISPconfig 3. 

The server is a Xeon E3-1220 v3 4 Cores x 3.1 GHz, located in the eastern US.

As for the number of domains and databases, clearly that would depend on size and traffic.  Keep reading....

Sure, godaddy sells an entry VPS costing approx 45 cents per gig for 40G.  It also costs 3x as much.  It's usually cheaper buying in bulk.  I'm offering a cheaper package as an intro.  If you want/need more than 6G, we can work up a package at a better rate.   ;)

Reply #3

All the best @badmonkey. If you have the address, I will test it.

Reply #6

Quote from: ahrasis –
Quote from: badmonkey – Try this site:

www.monkeybitnez.com
I know that this was three years ago but what happened to the site? Changed?

Unfortunately I took it down due to lack of interest. Building online resources is challenging with sooo much out there! Lol

Reply #7

Well at least the name was great :D