Skip to main content
Topic: Quick moderation and new posts page (Read 3019 times) previous topic - next topic

Quick moderation and new posts page

I was looking for the checkboxes for the new posts page. I remembered where it was (wouldn't have found it unless I knew). I enabled quick moderation checkboxes. Then I went back and saw it... but that's not moderation, it is just making it easier for the normal user to mark a topic as read. So, either we should separate that to a different setting or just keep it on all of the time for those pages. I'd go with the later. Another option is to use some Javascript to select topics by clicking on the rows. I also like that one.

Re: Quick moderation and new posts page

Reply #1

Good point I guess.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #2

Should we have a better name in profile -> look layout than the enable quick moderation then?  I'd guess for the normal user that terminology does not make sense.  Maybe enable quick actions or something along those lines?

Reply #3

Good idea!
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #4

This is as simple as a language string change. If we want to change it from "Show quick-moderation as:" to "Show quick actions as:" it's just that easy. I just want to make sure that makes sense to other people.

Reply #5

Change it  ;D

Reply #6

Hmm... tried looking at it on mobile and there are no checkboxes on unread page. I'll change the language string when I get home. I'll also look in to the mobile thing.