Skip to main content
Topic: ElkArte is now available through Softaculous! (Read 12695 times) previous topic - next topic

ElkArte is now available through Softaculous!

Today we are proud to announce the availability of ElkArte through the Softaculous auto-installer - making it easier than ever to install a modern community building message board platform.
The good news brings a lot of visibility to ElkArte, along with a live demo, that will give people a way to test ElkArte before installing it.

We are confident this is a great addition that will help expand the install base of ElkArte, one of the most modern open source forum solution available.

Softaculous is a leading script 'Auto Installer'. Softaculous is widely used in the web hosting industry and it has helped millions of users install applications by the click of a button. Softaculous Auto Installer easily integrates into leading Control Panels like cPanel, Plesk, DirectAdmin, InterWorx, H-Sphere.

And if you have a minute, feel free to review ElkArte helping others make The RightTM choice!
http://www.softaculous.com/apps/forums/ElkArte
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Re: ElkArte is now available through Softaculous!

Reply #1

Congratulations :)
Although I really don't like auto-installers I'm sure it will help ElkArte to find new users :)

Reply #2

This is great news and great for ElkArte.

Reply #3

Being a web host, I was one hoping to see this day.
I also had seen this a couple days ago, but left it to be announced by @emanuele or @TE.

Congrats and I left reviews the other day, but not seeing them yet, so guess waiting on approvals.

Reply #4

Congrats, it is a great addition. Many will start using it now.

I wrote a review :)
Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 04:19:22 am by IndianTalkZone

Reply #5

Awesome Team !! Congrats.

Reply #6

Just gave a 5 Star rating.

Reply #7

Gave 5 stars as well, although their captcha is one of the most annoying I've ever seen, the letters just happen to overlap with the strips so you can't tell which one belongs to the stripe and... Meh :/
Also wrote a review but I see none being published...?
~ SimplePortal Support Team ~

Reply #8

Reviews need to be approved...
Maybe by Softaculous, maybe by whoever submitted ElkArte to them.

Reply #9

I know, but it's been a long while now.

Reply #10

I had also seen the presence of ElkArte in Softaculous. Was excited to see it there but suspected it hadn't been announced yet.

Sure enough, looky here, this thread! :P

As another web-host, I'm glad to see ElkArte getting better visibility through Softaculous!

Reply #11

@emanuele you may want to have a word with them now, it's been a month and no reviews. Not quite acceptable, if you ask me.

Reply #12

Well, it's been a month and we didn't put the link on the home page... :P

Considering the latest published review I could find with a quick sampling of the software is dated October 2015, I wouldn't be surprised if the feature was either disabled or not taken care of at all.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #13

Quote from: emanuele – Well, it's been a month and we didn't put the link on the home page... :P

Considering the latest published review I could find with a quick sampling of the software is dated October 2015, I wouldn't be surprised if the feature was either disabled or not taken care of at all.
Are you talking about the Reviews feature on the Softaculous page? On my host, the Reviews is available and reviews can be made.  There are 15 five star ratings with no verbiage. That usually does not look good to potential users, at least those that have experience reasoning out 'reviews'.

I found one review from October of 2015 and this Linux install article...

Elkarte Linux Install

Reply #14

The issues folks are describing is that reviews have been submitted but have not shown up, only the rating has been recorded  :( .   It may or may not look bad, but not much anyone can do if the reviews are not being posted.

Had not seen the linux install instructions, very cool !  Don't know who took the time to write those up but thanks!