Skip to main content
Topic: Re-Arrange Posts (Read 2021 times) previous topic - next topic

Re-Arrange Posts

Hi Devs,

Is there a way I can re-arrange the posts such that the first post I made would be on top and the last post I made would be on the bottom? but only to selected posts. not on all posts.

thanks in advance as always  :)

Re: Re-Arrange Posts

Reply #1

Not without a template edit, I guess.

Reply #2

I'm not sure I understand what you wan to obtain, could you please explain it a little bit more in details?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #3

@emanuele  referring to the attached image, can it be swapped that old post will be at top and newer post is down? but not in all cases. only on certain forum. the reason is that I am creating a lesson as posts and I want the user to see the lessons in the order that I want. not in the order of when I post it. thanks in advance.

[attachimg=1]

Reply #4

There are several sorting methods. One way to do this is to make the subject start with a number and then sort by the subject ?board=1;sort=subject;desc=1

I think a nice feature request (or mod) would be to add default sorting methods to the message index for each board.

As an aside, a forum is probably the wrong tool to do what you're trying to do. A cms, wiki or blog is probably much better.