Skip to main content
Topic: Number of attachments (Read 2257 times) previous topic - next topic

Number of attachments

Hello everyone!  I keep getting an error when uploading pix to one of my sites.  It is configured to allow 4 attachments per post.  The message says I'm not allowed to upload that many attachments.  It will upload 3 no problem. 

Mods are Google Membe Map,  Inline Attachments, and Attachment Image Resize. 

Can anyone offer suggestions?  Thanks!

Re: Number of attachments

Reply #1

emanuele wonders if there is a mistake of a "1" in the counting of attachments. O:-)
Using drag&drop?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #2

I saw this recently as well ... I think it does it on D&D as well as multi select :(  Funny thing was you could save the post with 3 attachments, then edit and add in the 4th but you could not select 4 from the start.  So either some +1 math or a misting '=' on some < or >somewhere.

OK Scratch all that :P  ... Do you have attachment image resize addon installed ?
Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 09:59:53 am by Spuds

Reply #3

Quote from: Spuds – I saw this recently as well ... I think it does it on D&D as well as multi select :(  Funny thing was you could save the post with 3 attachments, then edit and add in the 4th but you could not select 4 from the start.  So either some +1 math or a misting '=' on some < or >somewhere.

OK Scratch all that :P  ... Do you have attachment image resize addon installed ?

Yes resize is installed.  The behavior you describe is precisely what I get.  As a thought, I am going to check my settings against php.ini for total upload capacity. 

Reply #4

Its a bug in the attachment resize code ... I have it fixed on my local and will PR it tonight so the fix is available.

Reply #5

This should fix the issue ...

http://addons.elkarte.net/utility/Attachment-Resize.html

uninstall and delete the old, get the new and install (or just replace the one subs file if you like)
Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 02:28:56 pm by Spuds

Reply #6

Ah cool!  Thanks Spuds!  I'll make the change up tonight and report the fix!  :)

Reply #7

That fixed the issue.  Thanks again Spuds. 

Also thanks for the add on.  Our sites are pic intensive, and this saves a huge amount of precious server space.  This is critical for us.  ;)