Skip to main content
Topic: Update a migration (Read 1389 times) previous topic - next topic

Update a migration

I'm still playing around with Elkarte but more and more I'm getting conviced that it will replace my current forum software (SMF 2.0.13).
Before I would effectively migrate the entire forum and all its members, messages, posts, etc.  I would like to do a UAT with some key forum members. Partly to test if all functionalities work as they should, but also partly to see if they like the way I'm setting up the forum. Some of them are fanatic tapatalk users and seen that tapatalk will not be supported under ElkArte, I'm curious how they will respond.
Anyway, I would do a first migration to a testforum and let them play with it for a few days/weeks. If the results are positive, I'll migrate the entire forum with all its members. My question is if I can do a migration, let them test it and afterwards update the migration with the existing forum without having to setup the forum for a second time?

Re: Update a migration

Reply #1

Short answer: nope.
Long answer... sorry, no time at the moment.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #2

No problems  :) I didn't think it would be an easy fix.

But I'm somewhat literate in SQL so I suppose I could solve it via SQL queries.

Reply #3

It may be somehow challenging do it by hands.
The data are not (always) simply transferred, but you can read through the converter code and see what's around.
Probably not impossible, surely not straightforward. :)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.