Skip to main content
Topic: I took a snippet from a member.... (Read 1489 times) previous topic - next topic

I took a snippet from a member....

I took just a few words from a members post, putting the words in quotes "" and the ALL KNOWING Google came back with 4 links to my site including to the members profile link?  Is this good or good for SEO?  Anyway, have a look below and tell me what you think.  I thought I should only have 1 link back to the quoted text from the members post.

link removed, image does not exist anymore
Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 04:44:28 pm by radu81

Re: I took a snippet from a member....

Reply #1

Shouldn't matter, it only penalises if content is available from multiple domains.

Reply #2

Thanks Trekkie, that's good to know.  Wonder why it makes 4 links though?  I took a snippet from a forum using my second favorite free forum software (behind Elk) and it only showed one link to the actual post. 

Reply #3

In quote should be fine. Even not so in quote is not too bad either, I think.

Reply #4

Well, after doing a little surfing on that huge wave we call the Internet, I found this...
(guy was asking the same question as me basically about his website)....

Below quote courtesy of http://webmasters.stackexchange.com:

"You have several issues going on. The one that addresses your issue most directly is that you do not have a description meta-tag or much content (at least on the home page) and Google is choosing to create your snippet from what it can find which is your first h1 tag and contact information."

That sounds like my site too, amazing   ;)