Skip to main content
Topic: Tool to create BBCODE table (Read 4236 times) previous topic - next topic

Tool to create BBCODE table

When you need to create some complex tables it can be a little tricky writing all the BBCODE especially if you decide to add or remove columns. I hope this tool can be useful for those who needs to create tables.
How to use: just create the table in Excel/Libre Office Calc, copy the table, paste it on this page and click "Create table". Copy the generated bbcode and paste it into your forum.

http://theenemy.dk/table/
sorry for my bad english

Re: Tool to create BBCODE table

Reply #1

Great! Is this your work?

Reply #2

not my work, I founded a couple of years ago and now I've seen the bookmarked page into my browser and decided to share it here.
sorry for my bad english

Reply #3

It's great for my users. I wish I could translate it and offer it in german for them. There's no e-mail where I can write to. I hope this will not be deleted someday.

Reply #4

Just as a test .... I created this in open office calc, saved it as HTML, opened that file in my browser and did a copy.  Then in ElkArte I switched the editor to WYSIWYG mode and pasted the table and below is what you get.

OneTwoThree
abc

Reply #5

I am wondering why I did not think first that a Calc sheet can also be saved as html?!?  :-[
Good to know,, thanks for the tip ;) 
sorry for my bad english

Reply #6

Thanks, @Spuds:)  But I will try to program something like this.  O:-)  Even created a site for it.