Skip to main content
Topic: Profile.english.php - Not loading from theme language folder (Read 2881 times) previous topic - next topic

Profile.english.php - Not loading from theme language folder

I have been correcting/altering the language strings in various *.english files.

The Profile.english.php file will not load/is not seen when it is copied over to the /language/english folder. Thus far the other *.english.php files that have been moved to the variant folder are recognised. So far, there are 8 other *.english.php files in the variant folder that are recognised.

thanks   :)

edit: for clarity
Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 01:55:33 pm by AaronB

Re: Profile.english.php - No loading from variant theme language folder

Reply #1

Hi!

Which variant folder? O_o
Do you mean the folder of your custom theme?
Something like /themes/your_theme/languages/english ?

If you see errors in the language files, feel free to report them so that we can fix any! And if you see thing that may be improved feel free to report as well. ;D
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #2

Whoops ... sorry about that.  Yes, I moved the file to a folder for a custom theme.

... themes/clearpastel/languages/english/Profile.english.php

I am almost finished with looking at the language string files, *.english.php. Would you like me to submit them via GitHub or to email them to you. So far there are 12 files that I have altered.

A lot of the changes affect formatting and display of the string, and the wording as well.  I will tell you, it was about 14 hours of work.   :o    
Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 01:56:18 pm by AaronB

Reply #3

I have the *.english.php files uploaded to a test site. If you and Spuds would like an admin account to look at the changes let me know and I will create the users.  You will likely need to do a side-by-side comparison between the new and old to see the differences.

A lot of the changes are in the Admin panel as far as the language. The custom theme itself has a lot of visual changes that balance out the placement of buttons, etc. and works towards a consistant display behaviour. If you want to try the theme out here then let me know. The language string changes seem to work well on the default/custom theme.
Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 01:58:02 pm by AaronB

Reply #4

Why would you ever need languages files by variant in practice (as opposed to just testing it for the hell of it)? The variant system was never intended to handle languages files.
Master of Expletives: Now with improved family f@&king friendliness! :D

Sources code: making easy front end changes difficult since 1873. :P

Reply #5

Look at the path.  I believe he's talking about a full theme other than the default.  Not an actual variant in Elk terms.

Reply #6

Quote from: scripple – Look at the path.  I believe he's talking about a full theme other than the default.  Not an actual variant in Elk terms.

Yep .. you are correct. I had a brain slip there. Variants on the mind I suppose. It is a full theme. I have edit the other posts to reflect the correction.

thanks

Re: Profile.english.php - Not loading from theme language folder

Reply #7

Yeah, it seems you changed several strings, probably a comparison of the files is necessary to get exactly where the changes were.

Up to you, if you feel comfortable, feel free to send a pull request (maybe doing a commit for each file or something like that), otherwise you can attach the files here and someone can pick them and do the PR.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Re: Profile.english.php - Not loading from theme language folder

Reply #8

Seems fixed.
@AaronB if you still have any change to the strings feel free to drop it at github. ;D
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.