Skip to main content
Topic: Documentation on simpleportal.net (Read 2576 times) previous topic - next topic

Documentation on simpleportal.net

http://simpleportal.net/index.php?action=docs
Today I was browsing simpleportal.net documentation. I saw they use "action=docs" , is this the "Custom Action Mod" or something that can be done with SimplePortal? I'm afarid is the first one :(

I would like to create some similar pages on my forum
sorry for my bad english

Re: Documentation on simpleportal.net

Reply #1

nobody knows? maybe @[SiNaN] could give more information
sorry for my bad english

Reply #2

From what I remember it is likely a custom action (I think there is an addon around)...
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #3

Although it has almost been two years, I'll just answer this question as a display of my appreciation for being mentioned for something other than the issues caused by my username breaking BBC parsing. :D

What we have at SimplePortal website for documentation is a manually created custom action which runs on just a few hundred lines of code. We have a hidden board in which we add documentation pages with their content as topics. Topic titles are used to define the order and hierarchy of pages. This custom code gets these topics, builds the menu structure, and prepares the page to be displayed. Almost all the work is done by the createMenu function; you just need to build the menu options correctly.

Reply #4

That's an interesting solution, why not sharing the code, I'm pretty sure will be useful ;) 
sorry for my bad english