Skip to main content
Topic: PhpStorm (Read 2794 times) previous topic - next topic

PhpStorm

I am having a bunch of problems with PhpStorm. I love and hate it. Netbeans' settings were so much easier.

Right now I am trying to set it up so that all files use tabs, UTF-8 encoding, and LF line separators but it keep reverting to CRLF, windows-1252, and spaces. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Re: PhpStorm

Reply #1

Also, I can't get PHPUnit to run with Vagrant.

Path mappings keep reverting.

Reply #2

As you very well know, I'm not really in love with IDEs. :P
I tried phpstorm a bit, but not enough to form an opinion...
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #3

Encoding should be under File->Settings->Editor->File Encoding

Open a project (or start one) then go to the above.  You can set up the IDE and Project encoding.  You can also set specific files / directories to UTF8 if needed,  For that you select the directory or file and then click to the right side for the name under the Default Encoding column, you will get a drop down to set those as well, useful if things have gotten out of wack.

To set line endings to \n its Settings->Code Style (the parent not one of the languages) You should see line seperator for new files, set it to \n its probably set to System Dependent.  You can set up a lot of very cool things in the code style and then save it as a scheme, allows you to have various schemes for projects since not all follow the same formatting etc.

Reply #4

I do that but every time I do it reverts to system dependent and the windows encoding.

Reply #5

Maybe you have to save it as a unique scheme and assign that to the project?  I have a few schemes that I use, never used the default one.  Just a though since I don't have the issue you are describing and thats the only diff that I can think of.

Reply #6

Every time I change something it creates a new scheme and then the project doesn't use that scheme. PhpStorm is really starting to piss me off.

Reply #7

I'm afraid you may have to RTFM  O:-)   I'm loving the storm these days!

Reply #8

Yeah, I need to do a lot better job at RTFM. I have had a sinus infection all week so my ability to pay attention in this cloud that my head is in is seriously limited.

Reply #9

LOL .. I can only imagine.  The IDE is really good, but it takes a couple of weeks to catch on, at least it did for me.  But once it clicked I really like a lot of what it does, not everything, but quite a lot.  Used to use netbeans and when I first tried storm I went back and forth if I was going to change or not.  But  after a couple of weeks I never looked back.   Even things like the xdebug interface is vastly superior.

Remember to man up and take your antibiotics with beer, it helps accelerate the healing process :P 

Reply #10

Quote from: Spuds – Remember to man up and take your antibiotics with beer, it helps accelerate the healing process :P
LOL, well as long as he doesn't do that with pain-killers, you'd get wasted. Didn't know that a few years ago, and curse me when I got that beer >_<
~ SimplePortal Support Team ~