Skip to main content
Topic: My forum has disappeared! (Read 1661 times) previous topic - next topic

My forum has disappeared!

Argh, my forum has disappeared! I have just deleted the old SMF and now my Elk has disappeared... It comes only an error message.
What does that mean and what do I have to do now? :o

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'ElkArte\Errors\ErrorHandler' not found in /www/htdocs/w00xxx/forum/index.php:53 Stack trace: #0 {main} thrown in /www/htdocs/w00f7xxx/forum/index.php on line 53
ElkArte version: 1.1.8 / Theme: BeSocial / PHP 8.0

Re: My forum has disappeared!

Reply #1

the first thing to do is make a backup of the dysfunctional forum (in order to be able to check offline what might have happened) and then install the backup You hopefully have made before deleting SMF.

I usually move things to  different place instead of deleting. That makes it a lot easier to reinstall them in case of trouble.

Reply #2

Can there be any connection between the two boards at all?
And what is the ErrorHandler?

EDIT
I've downloaded the complete directory from my FTP server yesterday and as I saw, the index.php from yesterday is identic with the one from now.
I also have a data base backup from yesterday here.
Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 05:48:03 pm by Mrs. Chaos

Reply #3

Any idea why the error message shows (2) paths?   One has a w00xxx and the other has a w00f7xxx ?

The class that it can't find should in the in the /sources/subs/Errors directory in the ErrorHandler.php file.

Reply #4

That with the two different paths is just a    misspelling here.

I'll check the ErrorHandler.php file.

Reply #5

The forum is back!  :)
Yes, the Errors directory was gone. I don't know why. I didn't delete something.., veeery strange...
Thank you for your help!!!

Reply #6

Maybe the caching of the host took place and it showed up an error. Glad everything is good now.

Reply #7

There was also another folder disappeared from the subs...
For the two forums I recently swapped the names and the domains leading to them. Perhaps in the SMF forum was still a path or a URL, which now actually belongs to the Elkarte forum and when deleting the SMF forum there was simply deleted something of Elkarte with it.