Skip to main content
Topic: Mark all topics as unread (Read 1937 times) previous topic - next topic

Mark all topics as unread

I literally lost a topic after it disappeared from my new posts page, and I don't even remember which forum it was posted to. Now I can't find it with a search, either. It would be nice if there were an all-posts page that didn't remove topics after they've been read, for occasions such as this.

E: I also noticed that some update I had applied disabled the Sphinx search mode, so the forum was using a really slow default search.

E2: I just found the post. The bonehead posted it in the "Off-Topic" subforum, which is removed from search indexing. I'll just move that to "Site-Related Discussion". Then thank them for noticing something small like that. Bug reported.
Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 04:25:05 am by kode54

Re: Mark all topics as unread

Reply #1

I'm a little lost as to what the request actually is here...

Is it to mark all topics as unread?
Is it a page with a list of all the topics posted in the forum?
Is it a bug report?

Honestly, have a list of all topics irrespective of the board doesn't seem to me to make it any easier to find a "lost" topic.
And the mark unread wouldn't really help either.
If it is a topic you have opened or posted in you can always go to your profile and use the "profile info" > "show posts". Or otherwise if you have liked it you could look into "profile info" > "show likes" > "posts you liked".
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #2

It was a topic I stupidly couldn't find because of several stupid things conspiring against me. For one, I was stupid to not mark it for later. For two, the original poster posted it somewhere that was removed from our search index, and apparently also removed from Google indexing. It only took me two days to think to check the Off-Topic subforum.

Reply #3

Yep, so any suggestion for improvement here or just a kind of support self-fixed? :)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #4

I’m gonna go with self-helped. I wouldn’t really like to erase my whole forum read history, but a last read topics view that just sorts recent topics while disregarding the read markers would have helped, maybe.