Skip to main content
Topic: Send Message Member List (Read 1441 times) previous topic - next topic

Send Message Member List

I haven't found this posted anywhere, and I haven't found the feature if it's already incorporated (which is surprising if it's not since it seems so obvious to have), so here goes..

When starting a new message [My Messages --> Send a Message] having a member list "pop-up" to select from would be very handy.

For Moderators, having a "send-to-all" feature would be sweet as well.

// Deep inside every dilemma lies a solution that involves explosives //

Re: Send Message Member List

Reply #1

As you start entering a name in the "to" field the member selection will appear ... it does require at least 2 letters to be entered before members starting with those letters will appear.

Reply #2

Quote from: Spuds – As you start entering a name in the "to" field the member selection will appear ... it does require at least 2 letters to be entered before members starting with those letters will appear.

Well, that's almost as good (I never noticed that before because I had the member list open in another window and was looking at that while I was typing the username).  While I don't have a lot of users in the forum yet, I can see trying to remember the username if I have a hundred or more being a bit problematic (I'm getting old and my brain is full - if I learn something new I suspect it overwrites something I used to know - which begs the question how would I know? -  and names seem to be the most vulnerable.).   I can continue to open the member list if necessary, I suppose.

Since I'm wishing, I was thinking a member list with check-boxes would be ideal - select the members from the list you want to send a message to.

Barring that, a global member-message option, however, would be very useful.
Last Edit: December 12, 2020, 10:28:52 pm by Steeley

Reply #3

why not using membergroups ? ;)
sorry for my bad english

Reply #4

And global member-message exists, it's called newsletters...

Reply #5

Quote from: Arantor – And global member-message exists, it's called newsletters...

You guys sure know how to make someone feel really silly...  ::)