Skip to main content
Topic: [dunno] remove posts and members (Read 8476 times) previous topic - next topic

[dunno] remove posts and members

0) enable the recycle bin
1) a member post two topics
2) someone deletes one of the topics posted at 1 (the topic is moved to the recycle bin)
3) the admin deletes the member and select "delete all posts and topic"

Effect: the post deleted is removed from the recycle bin and completely deleted, the other is moved to the recycle bin.

It is true that is acting exactly as it should, but I think it's inconsistent somehow...
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Re: [dunno] remove posts and members

Reply #1

Yes, I think it makes more sense to only move to recycle bin whatever they have posted. And leave the recycle bin alone for this command.
The best moment for testing your PR is right after you merge it. Can't miss with that one.

Reply #2

Best behavior:
# if recycle bin is enabled, add a similar checkbox for "Remove all posts forever" (help link)
# [help link] says that it will not move the posts to recycle bin, it will delete them directly without the possibility to restore. And if there are recycled already, it will remove those too.
# small javascript that doesn't let you 'remove directly' without checking the first option too. (and/or warn you if you do)

Feature Cat is hungry...

Reply #3

Makes sense.

Now I suppose I already volunteered to implement the thing, right? lol
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #4

I was looking at this one, though it's apparently not so easy (at least with the tools we have now).

The code first deletes the topics. And here (removeTopics) there is the first tricky part because the topics are moved to the recycle and then deleted (unless deleted directly).
Then the code removes all the messages, and here there is the second trick, because obviously messages deleted create a new topic in the recycle bin.

So, in order to do something "clean & clear" I think we'd need to:
separate the delete from the "recycle",
delete the messages first,
delete the topics if needed,
decide what should be deleted from the recycle bin (i.e. if each topic was an actual topic or just messages from another topic) and delete what should be or not.

But I have to study a bit more removeTopics and how is used around before touch it... :-X
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #5

Feature or bug? I moved it to exterminated for now.

Reply #6

Yeah... feature likely.
But... hmm...
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.