Skip to main content
Topic: enableStickyTopics... (Read 3209 times) previous topic - next topic

enableStickyTopics...

...is there any reason we still have it?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Re: enableStickyTopics...

Reply #1

Quote from: emanuele – ...is there any reason we still have it?
nope..
Thorsten "TE" Eurich
------------------------

Reply #2

Bumpity.
Anyone has any reason to keep it?

For those wondering what it means, there is a setting that enable/disable sticky (pinned) topics at forum level. My proposal is to remove that setting and leave sticky topics available to everybody by default.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #3

No reason to keep it.

Reply #4

Nice idea @emanuele . But with an option to opt out / custom stick will be worthy.

Reply #5

???
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #6

I can't think of a reason why you would not want to enable pinned / sticky topics at the forum level, I'd say remove it as well.

Reply #8

Quote from: Spuds – I can't think of a reason why you would not want to enable pinned / sticky topics at the forum level, I'd say remove it as well.

Because, at times, discussion is no longer based on first topic. Sticky topics are useful when it is a guide, tutorial or the driving point of discussion. So make it hard set will be forcing the users to go through the topic they have already read again and again.

Reply #9

I'm not sure we are talking about the same thing @meetdilip ...
Sticky topics are topics that stay at the top of a particular board.
At the moment there is a checkbox in the admin panel to disable the sticky topics entirely (i.e. make any topic "normal").
I removed that option on the base that make topics sticky/pinned is a must and there is no reason for a forum to remove the option to make a topic sticky.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #10

no problem for me, I agree with you
sorry for my bad english

Reply #11

Quote from: emanuele – I'm not sure we are talking about the same thing @meetdilip ...
Sticky topics are topics that stay at the top of a particular board.
At the moment there is a checkbox in the admin panel to disable the sticky topics entirely (i.e. make any topic "normal").
I removed that option on the base that make topics sticky/pinned is a must and there is no reason for a forum to remove the option to make a topic sticky.

Sorry. Side effects of being online at night :(

Reply #12

lol

No problem!
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.