Skip to main content
Topic: Thoughts for 2.0 Theme (Read 2993 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Thoughts for 2.0 Theme

Reply #15

Next up three that I think look fairly similar, Xenforo (very good on mobile too!), vBulletin, and MyBB

Reply #16

Then finally two newer players, Discourse and Flarum, with Invision trying a similar thing.

Reply #17

Quote from: Spuds –
Quote from: Trekkie101 – Some of the variables in the css are named -medium-green etc, which doesn't make sense
Agree.  I've been updating those as time permits.  When I did the conversion to use the vars I first used colors and realized that was a really bad idea:exploding_head:  I've been changing them to be descriptions of where they are used.
Lol. I do believe this was mentioned before.  ;D :D :D :D

Excellent idea anyway. Good to see. :)
Master of Expletives: Now with improved family f@&king friendliness! :D

Sources code: making easy front end changes difficult since 1873. :P

Reply #18

Quote from: Trekkie101 – Next up three that I think look fairly similar, Xenforo (very good on mobile too!), vBulletin, and MyBB
Xenforo looks pretty smooth, but cluttered. vBulletin looks dull, and cluttered. MyBB just looks dull.

Quote from: Trekkie101 – Then finally two newer players, Discourse and Flarum, with Invision trying a similar thing.
Discourse sucks donkey balls. Of course. It's Discourse. It always has sucked donkey balls. Glad to see they are continuing that great tradition.

Flarum? Honestly, kill that with fire. It's an abomination, and I'd run a mile from any site that looked like that.

Invision is the pick of the bunch. I'd be interested to see how it looks with a less image-heavy presentation, but it's definitely the slickest.
Master of Expletives: Now with improved family f@&king friendliness! :D

Sources code: making easy front end changes difficult since 1873. :P

Reply #19

I’m quite a fan of Elk on mobile being possibly the best experience.

Menu maybe isn’t too intuitive but I can’t think of better. So I’ll keep quiet.

Although one thing I did find, forums and voice memos / audio don’t usually play nice. While it’s fairly exploding elsewhere on chat clients / social media. Maybe something to consider making a bit more polished too.