Skip to main content
Topic: [ADDON] SimplePortal (Read 166539 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: [ADDON] SimplePortal

Reply #165

That error is harmless in this instance. 

Send me a PM with the site address where I can take a look, I may be able to see something by visiting.  If you are willing, please set up a temp account with admin access so I can also take a look at how its enabled and let me know the uid/pass in the PM.  I'm sure its a simple issue, its just finding it that may take a moment.

Reply #166

Hi,
Thank you for your interest

I sent the information PM
sorry for my bad english

Reply #167

Got it and it should be fine now ... sent you a PM with the details :D

Reply #168

Hi,

authorize a group just to add article how can?

do not delete the article  only publish and edit
sorry for my bad english

Reply #169

As far as I can see, at the moment it's not possible, to be able to do that, the permission should be split.
I'm not sure how much work it would be.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #170

Spuds, great job on this, as I'm a heavy user of SimplePortal. :)

However, I have made a page, and if on mobile device, it seems besides the portal not showing, which is good for side blocks, the pages do not, either. How would I get it to show the pages on mobile devices?

Reply #171

Darn, Well that sounds like a bug for sure ... did the page contain blocks as well or was it just a simple page?

Reply #172

Simple page.
I had to go into sources/subs/Portal.subs.php and remove the mobile from the list of disabled.

Find:
Code: [Select]
// Portal not enabled, or mobile, or debug, or maintenance, or .... then bow out now
if ($context['browser_body_id'] == 'mobile' || !empty($settings['disable_sp']) || empty($modSettings['sp_portal_mode']) || ((!empty($modSettings['sp_maintenance']) || !empty($maintenance)) && !allowedTo('admin_forum')) || isset($_GET['debug']) || (empty($modSettings['allow_guestAccess']) && $context['user']['is_guest']))

Replace with:

// Portal not enabled, or mobile, or debug, or maintenance, or .... then bow out now
if (!empty($settings['disable_sp']) || empty($modSettings['sp_portal_mode']) || ((!empty($modSettings['sp_maintenance']) || !empty($maintenance)) && !allowedTo('admin_forum')) || isset($_GET['debug']) || (empty($modSettings['allow_guestAccess']) && $context['user']['is_guest']))

Then, I set the side blocks to display: none; in themes/default/css/portal.css

Find:

#sp_left, #sp_right {
position: absolute;
}

Replace with:

#sp_left, #sp_right {
position: absolute;
display: none;
}

That also re-enabled pages to show, and Header, Footer, Top and Bottom blocks, as well.

Reply #173

Sorry for double post, but another strange bug.
If have the Users Online Today addon installed, and set the Who's Online block to use it, it messes up the main forum Info Center, making so only users online today shows. Nothing else will show in reg info center, just that.... LOL

Reply #174

Sorry for the delay, been crazy busy these last few days.

First I can see that there is still an old link or two around on the download package, I'm trying to find them all and remove them!  I can see you have a slightly dated version of SP as I had moved the "mobile disable" to be a setting in the portal options so it was easy to enable or disable.  The new version also has a per-block "show on mobile" option, so you can turn off certain blocks when a mobile user visits.

What I'm thinking of doing is to bypass the mobile disable if a page or article has been requested.  The real intent of the disable was for a front page where you may have say 10-15 blocks and that is simply not going to do well on a smart phone, but it should allow you to have pages / articles.

The "latest master" package is here: https://github.com/SimplePortal/SimplePortal_ElkArte/releases/tag/v1.0.0-beta.1  

Have not had a chance to see what is going on with the Users Online Today thing,  but will check !

Reply #175

EDIT:

@Spuds

I have the newer SP installed now, and have it set to not show the blocks I have on left side, in each block, yet they still show.

For now, I'm okay with editing the @media screen and (max-width: 32em) section of portal.css with following changes:

Code: (Find) [Select]
#sp_right {
left: 0;
width: 100% !important;
display: block;
}
#sp_left {
display: block;
}

Code: (Replace With) [Select]
#sp_right {
}
#sp_left {
}

Yes, I intentionally left the rest there, even if changed block to none, so when true fix is made, I can easily change it back.... LOL

After looking again, the check boxes for the Show on mobile: in block settings, do not have any effect, either way, on any block.
Either way have it, they show on mobile devices.

Pages show, though, so with my fix, it shows as I want it, pages and main blocks and no side on mobile. :)

Yet another Edit: @Spuds - I forked, and did pull request, as there was a fix for the Who's online block that I found. It was a height issue. :)

Reply #176

Thanks for the PR, its been merged  ;)

On the mobile blocks issue, could you check that your db table "sp_blocks" has a column names "mobile_view" ... Just want to make sure it was not an upgrade thing I missed or if its some other issue.

Thanks for the CSS as well !

Reply #178

Could you check that the column was actually added, should be able to see it with phpmyadmin or other tool.   I'm still checking the code, I had made a few alterations just before B1

Reply #179

@Spuds

That's where I got that from. :P

It is taking the settings, into the DB. If I go look at the list of blocks, there's either a 0 or a 1 under the mobile view.
So it's not database, it seems.