Skip to main content
Topic: External Authentication Addon WIP (Updates and Questions) (Read 13725 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: External Authentication Addon WIP (Updates and Questions)

Reply #30

Very very nice! :D
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #31

I think you should go with moving it to a single column. Easier to read, especially if you're looking at it on a smaller screen (mobile).

Reply #32

I should have been clearer. It's responsive and does move to a single column on small screens. But on medium and large screens, I'm wondering between multi or single.

Reply #33

I think a single column would be better too, even on big screens. It is easier to read long texts (and most of the agreements are long) if the space for the text, the rows are wide enough.

Reply #34

That's true, though there are two points to consider:
1) nobody reads agreements (apart maybe two or three exceptions),
2) have to scroll down to find the only buttons you are looking for ("register using ...") may be annoying to the average user (as an example, I find annoying the gmail registration page lol).
3) (heck, I continue messing with numbers LOL) even Amazon has dropped the "I accept the agreement" for a simpler "signing up you accept the [link]terms and conditions[/link] (not that I remember if it ever had a box to tick).
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #35

Quote from: emanuele – 3) (heck, I continue messing with numbers LOL) even Amazon has dropped the "I accept the agreement" for a simpler "signing up you accept the [link]terms and conditions[/link] (not that I remember if it ever had a box to tick).

I am wondering whether it's worth removing the checkbox altogether and opt for the "Agree and Register with Facebook" option instead. That saves having to check for it being ticked too. Guess I could submit a PR for core with that option too as I did with the checkbox.

Reply #36

Quote from: Joshua Dickerson – I think you should go with moving it to a single column. Easier to read, especially if you're looking at it on a smaller screen (mobile).

Quote from: Jorin – I think a single column would be better too, even on big screens. It is easier to read long texts (and most of the agreements are long) if the space for the text, the rows are wide enough.

This is how it currently looks across different sized screens:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Qgb-_FZluM

Reply #37

I've pushed my code to Github. Feel free to check it over. I've got some more work to do on registration still, but everything else works. I'd appreciate it if someone can check over the security side of things and make sure I've not left out any checks.

https://github.com/Ant59/elkarte-external-authentication

Please don't use it yet. I haven't decided on a license and it doesn't currently work fully.

Reply #38

I like it already just by reading this topic. Great job!

Already forked it and will test it.

Reply #39

@emanuele, how should I proceed with this? Would it be preferable:
  • As a PR for the core
  • As an addon for good
  • As an addon for now, possibly to become a core module in the future

Reply #40

I'd vote for "As a PR for the core" -> Developement -> Elk 1.1
Thorsten "TE" Eurich
------------------------

Reply #41

If you already have an addon I wouldn't stop you from distributing it! ;D (I would in fact encourage you!)
If you then want to push it to the code... I guess it's fine, 1.1 would be the branch! :D
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #42

Any new development on this addon? Will it be released as addon for 1.0? Will it be added to 1.1 branch? Unpatiently waiting... ;D

Reply #43

Me too!

Reply #44

Any news on this? I'd like to have social login on my forum.