Skip to main content
Topic: [ADDON] Video BBCode (Read 2324 times) previous topic - next topic

[ADDON] Video BBCode

Adds a video bbcode to SMF for directly embedding videos in posts, because automatically changing pasted links into embeds isn't cool.

This is a quick port of my my SMF video BBC add-on. But why, if Elk auto-embeds?! Well, I'm actually kind of on the fence about it. When I first learned about Elk a couple of weeks ago, I thought about what exactly it is that I dislike about auto-embedding. I quickly realized that the reason I have always had an immediate DO NOT WANT reaction to auto-embed is because it typically does it even in the middle of sentences. That was very easy to fix and thus this add-on is probably mostly a research project. Oh yes, and it's still missing the button because that seems to require some custom JS.

Anyway, enjoy. Or probably just ignore. :P

https://github.com/Frenzie/elk-video-bbcode/releases

Re: [ADDON] Video BBCode

Reply #1

Thanks for sharing :)

Re: [ADDON] Video BBCode

Reply #2

QuoteOh yes, and it's still missing the button because that seems to require some custom JS.
I did quick examples of how to do this in the move and gist bbc addons.  I'm not saying they are the best examples, just examples :P

Basically its where to display the button (location inside of $bbc_tags array), what to show for the button (style/css), and what to do when the button is pressed, or the editor toggles source<->wizzy (js).