Skip to main content
Topic: Boards access "profiles" (Read 5993 times) previous topic - next topic

Boards access "profiles"

That's something that I realised this morning (and forgot about until now, that is quite an achievement... that fact I remembered it so fast! :P).

I'd like to see at some point "profiles" for board access too.
Nothing too fancy, don't think a new table is needed, it should be possible to put them in settings ( O:-)), the idea is just to have some predefined sets of groups of membergroups allowed to access boards, so that when a new board is created (or the access for a certain group is changed) it's easier to assign the access rights to the proper membergroups.

In my mind is just a dropdown in manage boards, with the list of the profiles, and a "custom" to assign access manually. Choosing "custom" have a textbox at the end where it is possible to create a new "profile". At the same time, assigning a group, there could be a button "edit" to display the membergroups list and update the access permissions for that group.

Something similar to the permission profiles.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Re: Boards access "profiles"

Reply #1

I have recently implemented profiles for permissions to SimplePortal and I'm loving it. I'm planning to do the same for style and display options too. Makes things a lot easier for the admin. So I think it would be cool to have the same for board access. But if you're going to add it, I think it needs its own tab like the permission profiles at boards area.