Skip to main content
Topic: The more... button (Read 3932 times) previous topic - next topic

The more... button

If you press the More... button, it goes to edit a post, even if it's not your post in the first place (and if you don't have that permission, it correctly gives you an error for it)

I pressed the More... button accidentally on the way to issuing a like on a post, because I didn't initially remember how to open that menu, and it looks like a button so it naturally 'encourages' pressing... if it is going to do something, it should probably advertise the fact, and if it's a passive thing, it shouldn't encourage that fact by responding to a click...

Though, to be honest, likes should be more prominent than a submenu item if you want people to use them...

Re: The more... button

Reply #1

Quote from: Arantor – If you press the More... button, it goes to edit a post, even if it's not your post in the first place (and if you don't have that permission, it correctly gives you an error for it)

I pressed the More... button accidentally on the way to issuing a like on a post, because I didn't initially remember how to open that menu, and it looks like a button so it naturally 'encourages' pressing... if it is going to do something, it should probably advertise the fact, and if it's a passive thing, it shouldn't encourage that fact by responding to a click...

Though, to be honest, likes should be more prominent than a submenu item if you want people to use them...
Thanks for reporting.  The "More..." button should IMHO just open the dropmenu, not doing any action..

The "likes" button was already moved to a more prominent location. This website just needs to be updated ..
Thorsten "TE" Eurich
------------------------