Skip to main content
Topic: Possible alternative editor(s) (Read 6010 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Possible alternative editor(s)

Reply #15

Quote from: emanuele – Looks nice, it lacks the "bbcode" part as far as I can tell, though. :(

Anyway, just to be clear, this topic is not meant  as "let's rush changing the editor", it's more like "in the case we'd have to change the editor, here are few alternatives ready for consideration". ;D
I understand that. :) Just throwing more options, I checked at least it's actively developed.

Reply #16

@emanuele that's actually what I mean - the part about swapping in and out conversions. The base layer would be the part that handles the text interaction. The higher level would be the part that does the conversions.

Reply #17

the license of Redator is for one year or one time pay?
sorry for my bad english

Reply #18

Hell, if it was 1500 for one year it would be robbery. Also emanuele said "to distribute" so it should be permanent.
~ SimplePortal Support Team ~

Reply #19

where did you find that info?
sorry for my bad english

Reply #20

Redactor license is one time pay for the version bought: https://imperavi.com/redactor/license/
QuoteUpgrades, Updates, New Versions

Upgrades of License tires are not available — a new, full-price license must be purchased instead. License downgrades for partial refund are not available. All License tiers are only valid for the current major version of Redactor (1.x, 2.x, et cetera) and its minor updates. Each new major version of Redactor will require purchasing of a new license; existing license holders will receive a continuity discount upon purchasing each new license for each major version of Redactor.

So if any new major version released we must buy it again.

Reply #21

Too tired, said emanuele when I meant Spuds...
Quote from: Spuds – Redactor II (current) would cost us ~$1500 to get a license that would allow us to use (and distribute) it in an OS project.
~ SimplePortal Support Team ~