Skip to main content
Topic: Some images can't be attached (Beta 2) (Read 3487 times) previous topic - next topic

Some images can't be attached (Beta 2)

Hi,

I'm testing a Beta 2 as you maybe know. We experienced that some image files can not be attached to a post for "security reasons". We get an error message with this explanation. File size and file type are within allowed parameters.

Strange: I tried to attach a file called "Sonnenuntergang.jpg" (attached here too) from my computer at home (Win7 64Bit, Chrome) with the described error. Today I tried to attach the same file from the computer at my office (Win7 Enterprise 64Bit, IE9). This works fine, no error message.  ???

Re: Some images can't be attached (Beta 2)

Reply #1

Admin - Forum - Attachments & Avatars - Attachments Settings:
try to disable the Setting "Re-encode potentially dangerous image attachments"

It's a security feature to protect your Forum against virus infected images ..

If this setting is enabled, all image attachments will be re-encoded. The re-encoded image can then exceed the file size limit ..
Alternatively it might help to just increase: Max size per attachment

Thorsten "TE" Eurich
------------------------

Reply #2

It is already disabled. Allowed attachment size is above 8 MB.

Reply #3

Quote from: Jorin – It is already disabled. Allowed attachment size is above 8 MB.
Could also be server related issue (suhosin php Extension or...) I'll re-check that.
Uploading that Image to the original forum (SMF) works fine?
Thorsten "TE" Eurich
------------------------

Reply #4

Hm, can't answer that right now. Must be at home to test this.  ;)

But we never had problems with any image files in the original SMF forum. In ElkArte we had minimum two images who cannot be attached.

Reply #6

I'm not sure if here is enabled the re-enconding or not, it may help if you @Jorin could zip the image and attach the zip.

As a general thought, it may be useful to add some more details on why a certain image was refused. It may even be an "hidden" option for debugging purposes only.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #7

As you wish...

Reply #8

@emanuele
Shall this be moved to Exterminated? Attachments seem to work fine now. @Jorin could you confirm?
~ SimplePortal Support Team ~

Reply #9

Yep, seems so. I had never again such an error.