Skip to main content
Topic: disable message in PM email notifications (Read 2307 times) previous topic - next topic

disable message in PM email notifications

In elkarte (and also on SMF) there is an option to exclude the message from a topic notification received by email. I am wondering if could be a similar option to disable the text for PM notifications.

Why I am asking this? because when a member receives a PM notification on email, he read it on email and offten they use to reply on that email. So the email arrives to the administrator of the forum. In SMF I solved that with a mod that excludes the text from PM messages
sorry for my bad english

Re: disable message in PM email notifications

Reply #1

Looking at the code (just because I was not sure any more) the disallow_sendBody affects both notifications and PMs.
It is only overridden if post-by-email is enabled because, obviously, answer without knowing the body would be kind of difficult and meaningless. ;)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Re: disable message in PM email notifications

Reply #2

Quote from: emanuele – Looking at the code (just because I was not sure any more) the disallow_sendBody affects both notifications and PMs.
that's great, I didn't know that. I thought it was acting like smf  ;)
QuoteIt is only overridden if post-by-email is enabled because, obviously, answer without knowing the body would be kind of difficult and meaningless. ;)
It's not enabled, I did not test that function, I will surely give a try (I didn't see that function in any other forum)
sorry for my bad english