Skip to main content
Topic: Sitemap (Read 5878 times) previous topic - next topic

Sitemap

I searched the forum but no results... I have Optimus Brave mod on SMF which creates a sitemap for my forum. Is there a way to add a sitemap for elkarte ?

thank you
sorry for my bad english

Re: Sitemap

Reply #1

That is a fantastic addon and would be nice to get a sitemap.

Reply #2

I should not start working on something like that because my twisted mind can come up with something overly complex and flexible... but it's too late. xD

For the record, this addon gives me the option to experiment with and url generator... and this is a bad thing. nods
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #3

I didn't forget it. I have just been caught up into a openimporter-coding-session with some ideas I would like to implement before I forgot what I would like to obtain and how. xD
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #4

I beleve you @emanuele ;) Don't worry, take your time.

I also have less time to spend online, but I have a good reason ;)
sorry for my bad english

Reply #6

Wow Elkarte has a RSS url too..i was searching a lot for this. Thanks. But only 5 topics?

Reply #7

You can set the number of items to what you need  ---> ?action=admin;area=news;sa=settings  Then XML/RSS Limit defines how many items to allow in the feed (the rss receiver can of course request less just not more)

Reply #8

Thanks Spuds, i got this message in Google Webmaster Tools

We were unable to read your Sitemap. It may contain an entry we are unable to recognize. Please validate your Sitemap before resubmitting.

Reply #9

I started this topic one year ago, I don't know  how useful is a sitemap, but have a look at this post On SMF I had a sitemap, I don't have one on elkarte and on the analytics screenshot the traffic increased since I made the switch (1 january 2015)
Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 05:08:00 pm by radu81
sorry for my bad english

Reply #10

I don't think an RSS feed is a valid sitemap... or is it?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #11

Quote from: radu81 – I started this topic one year ago, I don't know  how useful is a sitemap, but have a look at this post On SMF I had a sitemap, I don't have one on elkarte and on the analytics screenshot the traffic increased since I made the switch (1 january 2015)

So you didn't add any sitemap to Google?

Quote from: emanuele – I don't think an RSS feed is a valid sitemap... or is it?

I followed this example and submitted one Example: http://www.elkarte.net/community/index.php?action=.xml;type=rss2

Reply #12

Quote from: IndianTalkZone – So you didn't add any sitemap to Google?
no, I don't

Quote from: emanuele – I don't think an RSS feed is a valid sitemap... or is it?

sorry for my bad english

Reply #13

I think RSS feed is a valid sitemap, anyway i will check the site performance in Google for few days.