Skip to main content
Topic: Elk Currency (Read 2805 times) previous topic - next topic

Elk Currency

Would be nice to have a plugin which allows a points system in exchange for Elk currency. Will help users get gifts according to activity.

Re: Elk Currency

Reply #1

Yes it is a good idea, generating points for new thread and replies.

Reply #2

It's kind of an huge addon though, I work with those systems on a forum and they are hella complicated.
~ SimplePortal Support Team ~

Reply #3

Yeah i know, but something with basic for now would be fine. I know it involves lot of time, but just a feature suggestion.

Reply #4

ehh... another tough one.
First of all an "Elk currency" would be needed, at the moment I don't think there is anything like that.
Even though, such a thing should be not so difficult (at the end of the day is just a column in members, and in case a log table to record movements.
Then, if this part is set up "thinking ahead", plug into it to give currency in case of certain actions should be pretty easy.

Actually, this could be a nice "first addon" for someone wanting to learn (I mean the points system), making it flexible enough to let others build on top of it would be an interesting experience.

ETA: and since you are talking about plugin/addon, probably the other board is better. I'll move the topic.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.