Skip to main content
Topic: Creating a Theme Framework (Read 2556 times) previous topic - next topic

Creating a Theme Framework

I guess it's time create a theme framework or a back end. If the default theme had it with features like customising option for category header colors, header banner color / image ( simply hook to background ), link colour, colour palette to create colour variants, it will go a long way in makin ElkArte popular.

Re: Creating a Theme Framework

Reply #1

Great idea! That's all I did with my themes.  ;)

Reply #2

It is better to have some documentation to start with. Most of us are not familiar with functions used in ElkArte. @Spuds , @TE , @emanuele

Reply #3

I don't understand what you mean. You are looking for additional options for the theme?

Reply #4

You're thinking of adding some positions in "current theme" options? Like changing the colours from that panel? This is kind of what I've been doing for SMF themes, adding some features and customizing options.

Reply #5

@Joshua Dickerson , something like what @CrimeS  said. Back end option which can manipulate front end.

Reply #6

In other words, more options for the theme. I think when we implement SASS it will make a theme editor much easier to make. You could have a palette and that would change the colors for many areas.

Reply #7

Would be nice to have an API reference.