Skip to main content
Topic: OpenID registration timeout (Read 7212 times) previous topic - next topic

OpenID registration timeout

I have no clue about how your timeouts are set but I couldn't register by OpenID here after reading your advertisement for that feature. I got a timeout right after returning from my OpenID provider and had no choice but using a password instead. That's not well-thought.

Just thought you might want to know that.
-

Re: OpenID registration timeout

Reply #1

Quote from: forumsearch0r – I have no clue about how your timeouts are set but I couldn't register by OpenID here after reading your advertisement for that feature. I got a timeout right after returning from my OpenID provider and had no choice but using a password instead. That's not well-thought.

Just thought you might want to know that.
Which OpenID provider did you use? It's a stateful implementation and should work at least with Google & Yahoo,
Steam for example is stateless and won't work.
Thorsten "TE" Eurich
------------------------

Reply #2

I use Verisignlabs. ... Oh, that's fun: Although it timed out, I can only log in with my OpenID, the chosen password was not saved. LOL, what?

( Ewww. Small graphical glitch: http://i.imm.io/1iVRq.png )
Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 11:40:24 am by Spuds
-

Reply #3

Quote from: forumsearch0r – I use Verisignlabs. ... Oh, that's fun: Although it timed out, I can only log in with my OpenID, the chosen password was not saved. LOL, what?
mhh, that smells like a bug.. Thanks for reporting.. I'll check.
Thorsten "TE" Eurich
------------------------

Reply #4

Quote from: forumsearch0r – I use Verisignlabs. ... Oh, that's fun: Although it timed out, I can only log in with my OpenID, the chosen password was not saved. LOL, what?

( Ewww. Small graphical glitch: http://i.imm.io/1iVRq.png )
ok, after reading your post again:
You can either login via OPenID or Username / password combination. If you choose OpenID the account is validated via the external OpenID provider, thus no password is needed nor is one saved in the database.
Do you have Javascript disabled? I think that's a theoretical case where you can see both the OpenID and Username /Password dialog.

Btw, I've tested registration on my local system via verisignlabs.com and it seems to work fine.. It's probably related to the registration settings (Admin approval, immediate, e-mail validation).. Will do some more tests soon.

Reply #5

I have JavaScript enabled and still see both...

If you need more tests, I'll be back at my "broken" machine tomorrow again. :)
-

Reply #6

@forumsearch0r Our site has been updated with some fixes regarding openID.. Is this still an issue?
Thorsten "TE" Eurich
------------------------

Reply #7

How can I test it?

Reply #8

you could test to login to OpenID with a different browser / PC.. IIRC you couldn't login via OpenID from another PC?
Thorsten "TE" Eurich
------------------------

Reply #9

Can you suggest an openid provider we can use to test it?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #10

I've personally tested with Yahoo, Google and VerisignLabs. (on localhost).  After the last fix (couple of days ago) everything worked as expected.  The Provider in question was VerisignLabs, so I believe that one is fixed for now.
Thorsten "TE" Eurich
------------------------

Reply #11

Ohh... okay, just tested with https://pip.verisignlabs.com/ and looks good. :)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #12

Yay! Uhm, fix confirmed. :) Thanks.

Reply #13

Great! ;D
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.