Skip to main content
Topic: Two editor questions on mobile (Read 3191 times) previous topic - next topic

Two editor questions on mobile

A few things I've noticed on the editor on mobile.

1)  The resizing of the text area doesn't work.  Is this a setting?

2) The " shortcuts: shift+alt+s submit/post, shift+alt+p preview or shift+alt+d save draft " text should really be hidden on mobile shouldn't it?  It kind of pushes the buttons around depending on text / screen size and I don't really see anyone using those shortcuts on a touch screen.

Re: Two editor questions on mobile

Reply #1

1) you mean on your mobile (which one? ;)) you can't resize the area with the bar at the bottom? The resize should work, maybe that mobile has some problem with the specific code... dunno, I don't have any smart mobile stuff... :(

2) That's possible it may even be possible with a @media:,I think Elk puts a css class or id in <body>, off the top of my head I'm not sure what it looks like. but something like this may work:
Code: [Select]
<span class="smalltext floatleft">
should be changed to:
<span class="shortcuts">
and then something like:
.mobile_class .shortcuts {
    display: none;
}
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #2

I have an SGS4 and yes I cannot expand the text area with the handle.  I can expand normal text areas though.

And I agree about adding a class there so we can hide it.

Reply #3

What browser?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #4

Stock Android 4.4.2 with Chrome, Chrome Beta, and Dolphin browsers.   Also happens on Desktop Chrome in emulation mode of just about anything.  Although for that one if you try really hard you can get it to expand the textarea one pixel per press and drag occasionally.

Reply #6

Look at line 404ish on the float:left. I don't really think that's what you wanted to do.

Reply #7

Darn!

I did a copy&paste without realizing the focus was on another window... fixed, thanks!
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.