Skip to main content
Topic: Seasons [Alpha] (Read 4047 times) previous topic - next topic

Seasons [Alpha]

I'm experimenting with background image and transparent wrapper. On my demo page I created a theme Seasons 3 variants, summer, winter and starrysky.  The theme is based on ElkArte besocial. Click to demo here. Selects Seasons in the Theme Selection.

For this I would have a few questions for you.

• Would you like this?
  • What are the loading times of web page with you?
  • What is the readability of topics and posts?
  • And how is the view of the mobile website?

I thank you for the feedback  :)

Re: Seasons [Alpha]

Reply #1

i like this image as background (2.24 MB):
Code: [Select]
background-image: url("http://img3.goodfon.ru/original/2048x1219/a/2a/mlechnyy-put-pirs-ozero-5985.jpg");
Sorry for my English

Reply #2

Quote from: inter – i like this image as background (2.24 MB):
Code: [Select]
background-image: url("http://img3.goodfon.ru/original/2048x1219/a/2a/mlechnyy-put-pirs-ozero-5985.jpg");
I have as an 3rd variant "starrysky" added.
Regards Stephan

Reply #3

The basic concept has a lot of potential.  Obviously the tricky part is getting opacity set properly where the look exists yet text is easy to read.  I think you're on the right track. 

If it helps encourage you, I created a transparency based theme for SMF.  Users love it!  And I don't have particularly good artistic abilities.  ;D   Keep up the good work! 

Reply #4

Interesting!

Indeed transparencies are tricky: you can't have things too transparent otherwise the text becomes impossible to read, but that one looks like a good compromise. :)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #5

I think this is awesome! Hope to see more on this.

Reply #6

Yes, it is a balancing act. Be able to read and still watch some of the background image. With my Lumia 535, which has no LTE, the page layout is still fast. Even with the background video in the Theme Cloud 'fly' of building the site is fast. Even in the browser Edge there are no problems. I use rgba instead of opacity for the transparent.

I will improve it. And possibly create an opportunity to wallpapers, or background videos add.

fly with background video, Flight above the clouds:

Reply #7

At the moment it may be difficult, but one day, it may be possible to create a theme whose color changes based on the background picture chosen by the admin... that would be rather cool I think! :D
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #8

I think that it can could be implemented so formerly:
CSS Variables with PHP

Regards Stephan

Reply #9

Just checked out the demo, thats pretty cool :D  I had also played a bit with a transparency style theme, if you select glass from my theme test site you can see how far I got ... definite balancing act for transparency vs readability.  Great work on your part.