Skip to main content
Topic: last edit and code blocks (Read 7135 times) previous topic - next topic

last edit and code blocks

http://www.elkarte.net/index.php?topic=84.msg538#msg538

I wonder why I find them only when I cannot debug anything... ::)

The "last edited" jumps up and compresses the post in the left 50% of the window...cannot do screens now...
Code: [Select]
|        | topic |                |

TestMonkey quick-edits for them testing purposes.
Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 09:29:38 pm by TestMonkey
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Re: last edit and code blocks

Reply #1

The display template seems somewhat broken, I suppose. What I personally miss is the posts date:  ->posted on: February 21, 2013, 06:23:43 PM ยป

Edit: It's available via hoovering over the subject, however there's a probably unwanted < strong>-Tag from the language file inside (< strong>Today< /strong>)
Thorsten "TE" Eurich
------------------------

Reply #2

Use .post_subject {float: right; color: #555;}
Master of Expletives: Now with improved family f@&king friendliness! :D

Sources code: making easy front end changes difficult since 1873. :P

Reply #3

Also, where did the OP indicator and link go in the OP? That's missing now.

And why are the quickbuttons plumbers crack about? :P

And you've borked the quick edit. :D

Reply #4

QuoteThe display template seems somewhat broken, I suppose. What I personally miss is the posts date
QuoteThe "last edited" jumps up and compresses the post in the left 50% of the window...cannot do screens now...
The whats displayed has been brought up a few times, first pass we had only the date and no subject, then we tried the subject with date hover .... I now put on what I think Ant was suggesting to do which has the date shown and the subject off to the right.  Can't find that topic right now not that it matters.

So hard refresh and you should see the new layout, maybe third time is a charm  :D

The last edit thingy get placed on the quickbuttons, line on the left (have no idea where to put that really :P) ... I think I updated all of the quick edit JS as well to support the new layout.

Quote from: Antechinus – Also, where did the OP indicator and link go in the OP? That's missing now.

And why are the quickbuttons plumbers crack about? :P

And you've borked the quick edit. :D
hard refresh should fix it ....

Reply #5

Yeah that's better. I'd ditch the "on:" though. It looks silly with today and yesterday. Just having Reply#4 - <date stuffz> is better, and should work in any language.

Reply #6

Ditched  ;)

Reply #7

Now to see who hates it. :D

Re: last edit and code blocks longlonglonglonglonglonglonglonglonglonglonglonglo

Reply #8

Test reply with a long title.

Edit: Handles perfect!

Reply #9

Wasn't that an SMF bug at one point when Chrome first emerged?

Arantor runs! :P

Re: last edit and code blocks test

Reply #10

Mmm timestamps are back! party
Thank you!

Is it only me who finds slightly odd to bold the timestamps though, instead of the subject? Counter-intuitive, that the second row is shown as "more relevant".

TestMonkey tests quick edit for no reason.
The best moment for testing your PR is right after you merge it. Can't miss with that one.

Reply #11

Hahaha! SpudsMan, that wasn't cool! Your dog ate the subjects right after my quick edit, thought I just found the most surprising bugz, hah.

TestMonkey quick edits again.
.... Which I hope I didn't? :D
The best moment for testing your PR is right after you merge it. Can't miss with that one.

Reply #12

Quote from: TestMonkey – Is it only me who finds slightly odd to bold the timestamps though, instead of the subject? Counter-intuitive, that the second row is shown as "more relevant".
Thats in the the $txt strings, and you know the drill ... don't like it, change it :P

QuoteHahaha! SpudsMan, that wasn't cool! Your dog ate the subjects right after my quick edit, thought I just found the most surprising bugz, hah.
Not following .... I'd like to commit these changes but what bugs are you experiencing so I can fix them.

Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 09:46:07 pm by Spuds

Re: last edit and code blocks test

Reply #13

Quote from: TestMonkey – Mmm timestamps are back! party
Thank you!

Is it only me who finds slightly odd to bold the timestamps though, instead of the subject? Counter-intuitive, that the second row is shown as "more relevant".

TestMonkey tests quick edit for no reason.

Do a force refresh, there is no second row :P

Reply #14

Quote from: Spuds –
Quote from: TestMonkey – Is it only me who finds slightly odd to bold the timestamps though, instead of the subject? Counter-intuitive, that the second row is shown as "more relevant".
Thats in the the $txt strings, and you know the drill ... don't like it, change it :P

QuoteHahaha! SpudsMan, that wasn't cool! Your dog ate the subjects right after my quick edit, thought I just found the most surprising bugz, hah.
Not following .... I'd like to commit these changes but what bugs are you experiencing so I can fix them.

If I only knew what's a bug and what's a feature lately on this! :P

...Now... Last edited on/by is no longer displayed?

TestMonkey quick edits one more time.