Skip to main content
Topic: [ADDON] SimplePortal (Read 155532 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: [ADDON] SimplePortal

Reply #450

Quote from: Spuds – The mobile issue just above ^^^ should be fixed
I confirm, it works fine now.

Quote from: Spuds – Still open is the problem with older versions of Safari on iOS ... I will get to this but not for several more days :(
I disabled the portal on mobile for now,  not the best solution but at least my members with iOS <= 10 can access the forum.

Quote from: Spuds – Fixed several issues with the article attachment system (mostly caused by the needed 1.1.3 updates)
I like the actual article system but I miss more the old behavior of SMF SPortal to promote topics as articles. I don't understand why put so much effort into article system replicating the attachments system when they already exists into topics and can be easily placed inline.  The main vantages using topics as articles are (imho):
  • we can use the unread posts to see also the topics promoted as articles
  • we already have inline attachments into topics
  • probably the most important, every topic can became an article, so everyone can post an article if an admin/moderator decide to promote that topic as article.
I know we already discussed about this, and until now I'm the only one asking for this :(

https://www.elkarte.net/community/index.php?topic=5231.0
Is there a way to display a block on registration page and a different block on contact page? With elkarte 1.0 I was able to do it.
sorry for my bad english

Reply #451

Found another one  ;D  When editing a visibility profile the query doesn't get saved. If I enter ~sa|contact only ~sa| will be saved.
sorry for my bad english

Reply #452

I'm on it :D

Reply #453

Has anyone tested the portal with disabled guest access?  ;)

There is an undefined error in Portal.Subs.php at line 34.
▬|████|▬ This is a Nudelholz! Take it und hau it on the Kopp of a bekloppt Person .... to give you a better Gefühl than vorher.

ElkArte 1.1.x & TP on Apache2.4.48, PHP 8.0.8 FPM

Reply #454

I have the "disabled guest access" issue corrected on my local.  I'll push updates for this and the visibility profile wildcard issue mentioned above later today.

Here they are:
https://github.com/SimplePortal/SimplePortal_ElkArte/pull/28/commits/bc6407f63c6854cb00e5f1a7695451829ffb6de7
and
https://github.com/SimplePortal/SimplePortal_ElkArte/pull/29/commits/5413ad62c61f10ea9d4d02a98dce91f863764c6b
Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 09:28:51 am by Spuds

Reply #455

Where is the latest release of Simple portal which includes these above fixes for
Elkarte 1.1.3 ?

Is it this one ?
https://github.com/SimplePortal/SimplePortal_ElkArte/releases/tag/v1.0.0-beta.2

If not, could you please release a new beta version with these fixes above ?

Many thanks.

Regards, Stefan.

Reply #456

Would be cool, if it would also work with the 1.1.4 version to be released this evening by Emanuele.
Many thanks.

Let me know, I could test it this evening..
Many thanks.
Regards, Stefan.

Reply #457

The latest with the fixes is in the development branch on github ... I think there may be a couple of minor changes still on my local that I need to push, but 1.1.4 has been taking priority.

https://github.com/SimplePortal/SimplePortal_ElkArte/archive/development.zip

GitHub branch zip files are nested folders, so you should unzip the above file and then navigate to the base simpleportal folder and create a new zip of just that directory as the nesting can muss up the package manager.  Call you zip file something unique like spimpeportal_test.zip so its clear its not an "official" release.

Reply #458

?? So I must add these files to the official simpleportal ZIP file and zip it all up or how ??

Reply #459

Maybe its best to just wait for me to release a new version for testing as using the development code can be confusing.

Reply #460

Quote from: Eliana Tamerin –
Quote from: phantom –
Quote from: Spuds –
Quote from: phantom – Third is wrong submenu placement. Search, Help, Calendar etc. buttons are under first menu button (which is for portal home), on SMf it is under Forum button.
Thats just where I put it.  Are you wanting

• The community button to take to you the boardindex and forum button to take you to the portal?
  • Or are you saying you want the forum button to be placed in front of the community button?
  • Or do you want all of the standard existing community dropdown items to be moved to forum button that the portal adds (and if so why ?)
just trying to understand as I put it as it kind of made sense to me but that does not mean its right :P
I was thinking that best option would be doing it like it's done here.

First is Home button (which would be it SimplePortal case portal Home button) without submenu.
Second is Forum home (board index) with submenu (Search, Help etc).

but maybe it's just me being used to how SMF + SP work together :)

That is how SP+SMF is supposed to work. SP did install a separate Home and Forum button on SMF, to be toggled in different portal modes.

On my elkkarte (1.1.5) and SP (developer-version from github) there a the same Button " Forum" and "Forum". The fist one should be the Home-Button (Portal) an the seceond one the Forum-Button.

I found here this, but I found no way to fix /change it.
I found this

Reply #461

Hey @Spuds, can you release a new version with the latest updates?

Reply #463

Can I install the Beta 1 version of Simple Portal, and then use Filezilla to replace the installed files with the files in this development zip? Thanks in advance for your reply! :)

Quote from: Spuds – The latest with the fixes is in the development branch on github ... I think there may be a couple of minor changes still on my local that I need to push, but 1.1.4 has been taking priority.

https://github.com/SimplePortal/SimplePortal_ElkArte/archive/development.zip

GitHub branch zip files are nested folders, so you should unzip the above file and then navigate to the base simpleportal folder and create a new zip of just that directory as the nesting can muss up the package manager.  Call you zip file something unique like spimpeportal_test.zip so its clear its not an "official" release.

SP Main Template error

Reply #464

Well, I have been trying to figure this one out for some time but at this point I am hoping someone might give me new ideas.

I use Simple Portal on my page, and I am not sure when the error occurred, but I have the attached error message showing in the Blocks. It's not the Footer Blocks, but the bottom of the center ones. Problem is I don't know what it's referring to, and there is nothing in my Error log to help me out.

Hoping someone has encountered this before!