Skip to main content
Topic: Php 7.2  (Read 2627 times) previous topic - next topic

Php 7.2

Hi everyone I'm going to migrate My forum from Smf 2.0.15 to Elkarte.
My hosting service is going to offer only php 7.2.
Does elkarte forum run on that php's Version?

Please when configuring elkarte there's something similar to the Smf's repair_settings. php?

Thanks everyone for supporting.  :)
Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 06:22:49 am by Zioclive

Re: Php 7.2

Reply #2

Hello and welcome to elkarte!
I am using elkarte 1.1.5 with PHP 7.2 and there other users with the same php version. I see some errors in Elkarte log, but after all is working fine.
sorry for my bad english

Reply #3

Many thanks  ;)

Now it's time to begin...

Reply #4

Going out on a limb here. Made to leap to php7.3. So far, so good.  8)

Reply #5

Awesome @badmonkey. I noticed it was out but still haven't got a chance to install and try it out.

Reply #6

Just found some free time to install php7.3 RC4. I am now testing EA 1.1 on it and so far so good.

Reply #7

Just passed to php 7.1.19 and I've got this error:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 'presto' (T_STRING) in /customers/e/6/c/hawkfriend.it/httpd.www/forum/Settings.php on line 40

Please help needed
(elkarte 1.1.5)
Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 03:53:35 am by Zioclive

Reply #8

What is on line 40? I would guess something isn’t closed correctly as it works ok for me on 7.1.19

Reply #9

I don't its EA problem or error but your own manual settings in Settings.php. Post the lines (10 above and below) here if you want us to help. Hide your database, username, password when sharing its content.

Plus, I think php7.1 will come to end of life this 3rd December, right? So, may be its time to upgrade to php 7.2.

Reply #10

I've looked up the settings.php and at line  40 there was :

$mmessage = 'Cari Hawkfriend stiamo aggiornando alcuni software. Saremo  di nuovo online tra qualche ora.
A presto.';
A presto.';

The second A presto.';  ( see you soon) shouldn't bee there .

Deleted now seems everything is working ok.

Thank you very mach guys for supporting and  helping.

Now moving forward on 7.2...

update: now I'm using php 7.2.7 everything is fine.

Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 10:53:20 am by Zioclive

Reply #11

Quote from: ahrasis – I don't its EA problem or error but your own manual settings in Settings.php. Post the lines (10 above and below) here if you want us to help. Hide your database, username, password when sharing its content.

Plus, I think php7.1 will come to end of life this 3rd December, right? So, may be its time to upgrade to php 7.2.

PHP 7.0 is EOL this year PHP 7.1 is EOL next December.

http://php.net/supported-versions.php

Reply #12

I think it's a bug in Elk, I noticed it recently (and fixed in dev because I thought it was related to it, but apparently not): if there is a "new line" in the maintenance text, when writing the settings to the file the last line (or at least "some lines") is written twice generating a broken file.

emanuele tracks it
Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 05:23:08 pm by emanuele
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #13

Sorry, I supposed I think it was php7.1 but I did provide a link for it source and verification.  ;)