Skip to main content
Topic: 1.0.5 Board e-mails not coming  (Read 9424 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 1.0.5 Board e-mails not coming

Reply #15

Okay, I will try.  ;)

Reply #16

@Jorin did you have a chance to verify if the new version of the addon works?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #17

Must re-install it first. Thanks for remembering, now I need time.  ;)

Reply #18

Installed the new version now. I registered a test user then. When he clicks on the activation link he gets the following error message:

QuoteWrong value type sent to the database. Array of integers expected. (member_ids)

It seems the account is already registered then, when I try the second activation link with the code number. Board says then: You're account is already activated.  :o

Back to topic: No message for new registered account coming through.  :(  Should I try what happens when the addon is deinstalled?

Reply #19

I tested...

With deinstalled addon the error message posted above is gone! And there's the e-mail for a new registered member! Hurray!

Seems this is a problem of the addon.  ::)  ;)

Reply #20

meh...
I'll keep this unread and check what the matter is, I thought I fixed it a while ago... :-\
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #21

Thanks!  :)

Reply #23

Still nothing new?  :(

Reply #24

I just tested the version I suggested a while ago, the one attached here, and it works fine: the registration email arrives, the PM is sent.
Just to stay on the safe side, delete the package (from the admin page) and download/upload it again.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #25

Okay, I will test it again.

Reply #26

Okay, I uininstalled the version 0.0.2 I already had installed. Then I installed it again (the version from your link). When a new member gets the activation email and follows the activation link, the following error accurs:

QuoteWrong value type sent to the database. Array of integers expected. (member_ids)

He can login anyway, but he didn't get the welcome message. He isn't shown as latest member too. And I didn't get an email that a new user has registered.  :(

Reply #27

emanuele blames emanuele for not having notices the test site was still using 1.0.4...

Okay, I get the error as well, I'll debug the issue better.

Bug found: https://github.com/elkarte/Elkarte/issues/2401

Please, use the attached file as a temporary measure until 1.0.7 is released, then any version will do.
Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 03:30:38 am by emanuele
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #28

Sorry... Lost track of this... As we are using 1.0.7 now, can I use the addon "message to new members" now without errors? That's what you meant?

Edit: Nope, still the problem with this error message when the new users clicks on the activation link in his e-mail:

I installed this package:
http://www.elkarte.net/community/index.php?topic=2626.msg17871#msg17871

:(

Should I try your file posted above?

Reply #29

That's odd... I'll have a look again soonish...
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.