Skip to main content
Topic: Moving Elkarte from localhost to web host (Read 2097 times) previous topic - next topic

Moving Elkarte from localhost to web host

I see other forum instructions on moving their forum software from localhost to a web host, but wanted to make sure I do it correctly for Elkarte.  If someone could direct me to a tutorial or just give me the steps, it would be much appreciated.

On a side note, WordPress makes it SO easy peasy moving from localhost to a web host, using the Duplicator plugin.  Wish other scripts would ad something similar. 

Re: Moving Elkarte from localhost to web host

Reply #1

Upload your files and your database to your webhost.

Edit your Settings.php file to have your new database details. Goto your online address and bam it'll be working, it'll notice you have the wrong site URL's etc and ask you to correct them in the admin panel.

https://github.com/elkarte/tools/tree/master/repair_settings (Can also help repair if you can't get the forum to load).

Re: Moving Elkarte from localhost to web host

Reply #2

^^ Good guide.  The only other thing you might consider doing is uploading a simple generic html file.  Therefore you can be sure the webserver is working properly before you delve into more complex operations.  Could save you frustrations. ;)

Good luck!  Show us the final result!