Skip to main content
Topic: What a modern ElkArte theme could look like (Read 7314 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: What a modern ElkArte theme could look like

Reply #15

I need to understand PHP better before I do something new.

Reply #17

Been working on the profile page today. It's a real beauty, you will see. A shame I can't code it.  :'(

Reply #18

Can you do HTML/CSS?

Reply #19

Just a little bit. I can read and unterstand the most of the code, but I don't have the knowledge and skills to write this theme.

Reply #20

Damn, it looks awesome but I'm working on making the internals of Elkarte better in addition to a million other things. Slicing up HTML/CSS to get it work with templates would be so easy.

Reply #21

So easy? Really?

Reply #22

lol, the hard part is the CSS and HTML. PHP is easy compared to CSS. Now, I'm not at all sure about what you want to do with Javascript, so that might be different.

Reply #23

Neither is "easy" - its just what you spent most time with, they are all languages.

Now, design is a whole other matter. Using graphic previews is actually the best way to work with themes as it makes your creative side work for you, not your logic. Though you need a certain skill in the handling the graphic program...

Very nice design preview for elkarte btw. :)

Reply #24

If you know how the boxes work and you can float them with changing the width then you should be fine to code that. In most of the cases you can do very much with css without touching the actual code part.

This can be done with adding few lines of css code:

Reply #25

Think in the emergence of the theme that it is also visible clear in the mobile view.

Regards Stephan