Skip to main content
Topic: [ADDON] Remove Last Edit (Read 3014 times) previous topic - next topic - Topic derived from Remove Last Edit

[ADDON] Remove Last Edit

Quick pass at this one .. not heavily test (as usual)  O:-)

So give it a test (check permissions) and let me know if there are any issues.

When the addon is active (there are no settings other than permissions) you will see a small "remove: icon" next to the Last Edit Bla bla text ... click the icon  and the last edit is removed.

ETA: Available on the addon site ... http://addons.elkarte.net/enhancement/Remove-LastEditBy.html
ETA: Removed old download package, please use the link above
Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 11:34:58 am by Spuds

Re: [ADDON] Remove Last Edit

Reply #1

Seems to work for me. :)
I usually just leave for Admins to do this, so no others will have permissions, but I'll test later, to see if GM's can, if set the permissions. :)

Reply #2

Works for me too, thanks! Maybe this should be added to addons site ;)
sorry for my bad english

Reply #3

elk_removeLEB.zip tested and found to be good!

Reply #4

Cool !

Sorry but I've been busy with some other things these last few days so have not been able to put this on the addon site, will do as soon as I can.

Reply #5

I installed this addon using compatibility mode on 1.1 RC2, no errors during install, no errors in elkarte log but the button to remove the last edit message does not apper. Permissions are already set.

=== Edit ===
using google inspector I found that the addon works, there is a link to remove "Last edit" and accessing that link removes the "last edit". The add-on uses font-awesome icons, that's why it is not visible
Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 05:39:12 am by radu81
sorry for my bad english

Reply #6

Thanks for testing .... there is an easy tweak for full 1.1 compatibility that i'll do in a bit  :)

Reply #7

Try this version, it should work on 1.0 and 1.1 ... did not have a chance to test  :-[

Reply #8

I just test it, it installs normally (not in compatibility mode with 1.0), the icon is displayd, no errors in elkarte log, Perfect! 8)
thanks for this quick update.
sorry for my bad english

Reply #9

not compatible with 1.1.0

-

whoops should read the topic first before reporting. :D

Quote from: Spuds – Try this version, it should work on 1.0 and 1.1 ... did not have a chance to test  :-[
192.MY.ID: Forum ISP Indonesia.

Reply #10

I updated the package on the addon site, should help avoid confusion.

Reply #11

When I updated this manually I just replaced the FontAwesome character superscript with an "X" superscript.  Saves loading FontAwesome just for one tiny character.  Just thought I'd mention the possible trade off.

Reply #12

I should also point out that not using font awesome also goes with what I believe is a goal here; removing the need for downloadable fonts for better accessibility.