Skip to main content
Topic: [RC1] Who's online: links to threads are broken (Read 2987 times) previous topic - next topic

[RC1] Who's online: links to threads are broken

If you open the "who's online" page and a user is looking into a thread, the link to the thread is broken. It's http://elkarte.hybrid-piloten.de/index.php?topic=0.0. The same problem if a user is looking at a board - the board ID is 0.

Re: [RC1] Who's online: links to threads are broken

Reply #1

Looks good here on this site, could it be related to the other bug about quoting?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #2

Maybe. But we have this problem with all posts, not only them who were started with a quote.

It seems my RC1 has some problems you don't have. Should I overwrite my installation with a new package?

Reply #3

I don't remember having touched anything in that area recently, but refresh the files is worth a try I think.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #4

I uploaded the source package of RC1. I still have this problem.  :(

Reply #5

Well, yes, if you refresh with the same package you will likely have the same behaviour. ;)

Go to:
https://github.com/elkarte/Elkarte/
bottom of the right column, there is a "download" button, download the package, unzip, pick sources and themes and upload them.

I tried to click on the link you provided in the first post, but it doesn't allow me to access. :-(
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #6

Quote from: emanuele – Well, yes, if you refresh with the same package you will likely have the same behaviour. ;)

Go to:
https://github.com/elkarte/Elkarte/
bottom of the right column, there is a "download" button, download the package, unzip, pick sources and themes and upload them.

Done. No change.  :(

Quote from: emanuele – I tried to click on the link you provided in the first post, but it doesn't allow me to access. :-(

I can send you the login information if you wish? It's our test board, so without public access.

Reply #7

I tried and tried.
I can replicate it on your site.
I can't on any other.
I thought it may be because of the subdomain, but I wasn't able to replicate it even with a subdomain at http://testing.elkarte.it/elk/index.php

Honestly I'm out of ideas... :-[
Any error in the log?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #8

No error in the log. But success: I tried the  the Who.english.php from GitHub (ElkArte development workspace). Copied the code in a new php file and uploaded it as language file and now the links to threads and boards work.

It seems I must controll all language files. The code not working is:

Code: [Select]
$txt['who_board'] = 'Ist im Board <a href="' . $scripturl . '?board=%1$d.0">%2$s</a> unterwegs.';

The code working is:

Code: [Select]
$txt['who_board'] = 'Ist im Board <a href="%1$s">%2$s</a> unterwegs.';

So I need to check the language files from the ElkArte-master.zip (they use the working strings) and compare them to my already translated files. Oh, that's a lot of work!  ::)

Reply #9

That's why I told you I can check it out, I did the changes so I more or less know already what to touch.
Anyway, if you look at transifex untranslated strings, most likely that's all you have to change/fix. ;)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #10

Would be great, but you invest enough time into this project, I don't want to bother you with this. I have free time, I'll start now.

Reply #11

Took me three hours. Not so bad.  :D

Reply #12

Not bad indeed! ;D
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.