Skip to main content
Topic: [reminder] Working towards 1.0.2 (Read 13324 times) previous topic - next topic

[reminder] Working towards 1.0.2

Since release of 1.0.2 is coming closer (originally I set it to December the 1st, but since the date is almost arrived I postponed it to December the 8th), I'd like to have a reminder of all the things still pending for it (I don't mean bug reports, for those there is the bug tracker :P).

One important thing is that the way avatars work changed quite a bit, and it requires to run some code during the update.
Unfortunately there is no good way to "port" the old settings, so the settings will be the "default" and we will have to tell admins to check their avatar settings.
This code is still not written. I'll try to have a look (since I did the "mess" :P).

The file version have to be updated.

The patch has to be packed. Once file versions are updated I can run again the script to auto-generate the patch.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Re: [reminder] Working towards 1.0.2

Reply #1

Implement the gallery. :P ;)

Reply #2

Give me a day of 48 hours! :P :P
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #3

Getting excited for 1.02  ;D  ;D Lots of goodness in there !

Reply #4

Oh well, working on something else I ended up updating the file versions... xD
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #5

And I merged it :P

Reply #6

Anything special planned for 1.0.2 ?

Reply #7

This is the current list of updates https://github.com/elkarte/Elkarte/compare/master...patch_1-0-2 somewhere around 100 commits since 1.0.1

Since its point release its intended to fix reported bugs, both functional and layout.  There was one area where security was tightened around the db backup tool.

In terms of "new", not to much since its a x.x.X release.  There were a few additional hooks added to help with addon writing, as authors report areas where we can help with additional hooks.  The split quote function which was only keyboard activated was added to the toolbar to make it more prominent,  and the confusing plethora of avatar permissions was cleaned up.

I think thats the general scope at this time (and the site here is running most of that 1.0.2 code as wel)

Reply #8

I noticed the 100 commits as well and thought that maybe this time we went a bit too far with for a micro. LOL
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #9

Lol, and there are still two bugs which needs to be fixed (Sorry, haven't reported until now):
1) the drop_area breaks the layout on mobile devices (how to reproduce: just create a new post with a low screen device)
2) the new Avatar handling is great, but on mobile devices the size needs to be reduced (Display template).
Thorsten "TE" Eurich
------------------------

Reply #10

Does it even make sense to have the drop zone there for phones?  Should that just be reduced to the click to add function?

Reply #11

@media avatar the selector can/may be changed to:
Code: [Select]
.avatar, .avatar.avatarresize {
that should cover past and current situations (I hope).

Drop area... I didn't even know it was breaking the layout. :P
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #12

I was looking for the broken layout of the drop area, but I'm not exactly sure what I should look at...
I can't see anything really broken, I see that the area inherits the "!important" settings of the dl's (80% wide one aligned left, one right). Is it that that you mean with broken?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #13

I'd also say change the 3 column additional check boxes and make that two (set width to 50%), that will stop those from wrapping (well limit it).  Past that it seemed like what you said, plus loose the padding, make it go full width for those 360 screens (IMO). 

I'd do some work on that but its brewing day ... Chocolate milk stout and a Belgian triple, have to get done before the revenuers find me  ;D

Reply #14

You slacker!! :P

It seems you know what to do, I'll leave that to you or TE, I'll put together modification.xml. ;)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.